Sign in to follow this  
Robert

2017 Lincoln MKX Production Information

2017 Lincoln MKX Production Information

2016 Lincoln MKX Final Orders Due: 07-26-16

2017 Lincoln MKX Order Banks Open: 08-05-16

2017 Lincoln MKX Production Scheduling Begins: 09-22-16

2017 Lincoln MKX JOB1 Production Begins: 10-24-16

Any info on the 2017 ordering guide yet?

Thanks.  I ordered a 2016 MKX on 7/23/16, which was getting pretty close to the cut off.  Was just trying to determine if any new technology was being incorporated into the 2017's.  I'm wondering if they will be adding the stop and go feature to the adaptive cruise.  Hopefully not, cause I don't want to regret my order.  :drop:

I placed my order on August 2. I believe the cutoff for 2016 orders was actually August 5.

I believe the only changes are to colour options.

Thanks.  I ordered a 2016 MKX on 7/23/16, which was getting pretty close to the cut off.  Was just trying to determine if any new technology was being incorporated into the 2017's.  I'm wondering if they will be adding the stop and go feature to the adaptive cruise.  Hopefully not, cause I don't want to regret my order.  :drop:

What do you mean stop and go feature?

Good to hear. :)  I just thought that since the 2017 Fusion has the new stop-and-go feature, they might add it to the 2017 MKX.  With no changes, that gives me a complete year without wanting a new feature/technology.   :)   Looks like we ordered very similar MKX's, outside of color choices. ;)   Are you replacing your 2016 already or added a second one?  This is my first Lincoln, so very excited to get it. :)

What do you mean stop and go feature?

They added stop-and-go to the 2017 Fusion.  It allows the adaptive cruise to bring you to a complete stop and then automatically take back off.  Great for traffic congestion.  With the current adaptive cruise, it kicks off once below a certain speed.

Edited by mosh00

Good to hear. :) I just thought that since the 2017 Fusion has the new stop-and-go feature, they might add it to the 2017 MKX. With no changes, that gives me a complete year without wanting a new feature/technology. :) Looks like we ordered very similar MKX's, outside of color choices. ;) Are you replacing your 2016 already or added a second one? This is my first Lincoln, so very excited to get it. :)

The dealership had a buyer for my 2013 MKX and they had just received their first 2016 last July. It was relatively close to what I wanted spec-wise so I took it. Now I have an opportunity to get one exactly how I want it, so I decided to make the trade. Summer for us brings Employee Pricing which takes $5,500 off MSRP, which in my case is $67,775 before additional rebates and discounts.

Gotcha.  It already has the auto hold feature which at least keeps you from having to hold the brake.

I wish Ford would take a play out of Tesla's playbook.  Something like the stop-and-go feature has got to be a software only update.  The sensors are already there.  With Tesla, you just pay for the feature and they push the update to your car.  I'd be more than happy to pay to add the stop-and-go feature to my 2016 MKX when it comes out.

After reviewing some 2017 MKZ and C videos, I think it's a good bet the 2017 MKX will have the new-style key fob and the 2.7 badging on the lift gate will be '2.7 T' removing reference to Ecoboost. 

Both are good revisions IMHO.  I always felt the current key fob was a step back from the older style - too bulky and cheap-feeling.  The new one looks sort of like the BMW fobs and appears thinner than the existing one.  I also would rather a simple 'T' badge instead of the Ecoboost.  I always thought Lincoln should be marketing EB differently from Ford, so adding a simple T is an elegant solution.

This in Automotive News today........

Lincoln MKX

Segment: Premium CUV

Drivetrain option(s): FWD/AWD

Powertrain(s): Gasoline

Updated: 08/12/16
Freshen 2019

Redesigned less than a year ago, the MKX has leaped ahead of the MKZ to become Lincoln’s most popular nameplate, but it already looks somewhat dated because it still bears the old split-wing grille. A freshening in 2019 should take care of that and add a nine-speed transmission.

That is the concept MKX. A very old picture.

That is the concept MKX. A very old picture.

It would take the vehicle to a new level. Maybe for the 2019 with the new front end

Agreed.  Kind of how much more premium the Grand Cherokee Summit looks over its lesser trim levels,

It looks great but that paint would not hold up very well to road grime and debris.