Sign in to follow this  
KRK

Water from door speaker grill

After a hard rain I opened the rear passenger door and water came pouring out of the speaker grill! The bottom of the plastic water shield was not sealed so water was entering and filled up the inner door panel instead of going out the drain holes in the bottom of the door. Luckily nothing was damaged. New plastic shield sealed property and all is well. See attached photos.

post-865-0-41279400-1453864435_thumb.jpg

post-865-0-73952900-1453864477_thumb.jpg

A QC issue for sure.

Welcome to the forum with your informative post...great pics. Thanks.

What was your production date and/or VIN (last 5 digits) if you don't mind sharing?

Edited by Cosmos36

It was built late September, VIN 37747

I just had the same problem with the front passenger door. 

It seems there is a rubber bushing around the mirror cable that became dislodged allowing water to enter into the interior door panel.  Four hour later and they say it is fixed.  Really!  Maker sure if you have this same problem you check your camera system before leaving the dealership.  You got it!  Now the cameras don't work.  

Edited by gstein

This is a little embarrassing for Lincoln quality control on such a new product :(  It's good to post it though to better improve the breed.

Edited by Robert

When the passenger-side mirror rotates either opening or closing, there is a squeaking/squeegee sound, no doubt from a rubber seal surrounding the pivot point in the mirror housing. I'll be alert to any future issues there including water leaking...thinking about spraying some silicone into the area.