Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MKX order tracking

ETIS COTUSB Order Number

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:31 PM

I think those build dates in ETIS are just the week that it's being built (Monday).  Could have been yesterday or this coming Friday or the weekend if they work weekends.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#142 OFFLINE   cafpaf

cafpaf

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • Current Vehicle:Cadillac cts
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

akirby,  Thanks.  I think that you are correct.  I know that the  paperwork the dealer gets states "week of".  I any case, is there anyplace else I can look to see where it goes from here?

#143 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

If your dealer is cooperative, he can periodically provide you with a dealer-exclusive Vehicle Visibility Report (VVR) that will identify the precise status/location of your vehicle from order date to dealer delivery. Be aware that providing such info will be considered proprietary and/or the dealer just doesn't want to devote the time necessary to access the info. My dealer would call me occasionally and let me know where my vehicle was once it was in transit. However, I wasn't interested in a mile-by-mile itinerary, just when the vehicle was en route from the factory and when it reached the distribution facility in Seattle. From there, I knew it was approximately 5 days ETA dealer.

#144 OFFLINE   cafpaf

cafpaf

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

Well, the vehicle I am going to get has shown up in etis.ford.com.  It shows a  build date as well as a short list if "Primary Features" and a long list of "minor Features."  The latter is a list that is as long as your arm.  When printed out it is four pages long.  It is apparent this list includes just about anything that can be built into a vehicle regardless of model.  Some items are simply listed by name such as Ebony Interior and others are listed with the prefix of either "with" or "less."  While I have no concerns about any of these things, I find many of them  interesting and thought that I would share some with you just to generate conversation. 

Here are a few of the more interesting ones listed with the prefix of "less." 

Dress Up RSO, Hot Weather Group, Fire Extinguisher Fixings, Noise Insulation Package, Driver Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag, Rear Side Air Bag Restraint, Side Air Bag Driver's Side, Side Air Bag Passenger Side, Immersion Heater, Fuel Water Separator, Gear Shift Knob, Water Wading Equipment, and Passenger Air Bag Deactivation.

Hear are a few that include the "with" prefix or that just seem a little strange:  91 Octane Gasoline, Cold Start -15 Deg. C, 18" Steel Spare Wheel (vehicle had 20" tires), Driver Seat Rear Map Pocket, Rear Passenger Door, and Hill Launch Assist.

On this entire list I would expect to find things like Climate Package, Driver Assistance Package, etc,  Nope!  In any case, for those  of you who have never seen the FordEtis vehicle summary, like me, I thought you might find it interesting. 

I can only assume that the vehicle is being shipped because it does not show up on the other website in the original post. 

#145 OFFLINE   cafpaf

cafpaf

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:41 AM

I have been driving the new car for a week now and have about 350 miles of mixed driving accomplished.  I must say, I am truly impressed with this vehicle.  I was expecting it to be good, but thus far it has exceeded my expectations.  I am learning a lot about the operating systems but still have a lot to learn.  I am generating a list of questions regarding various things and I will start a new thread with some of these to see if some are normal or I am just doing something incorrectly.  I am really impressed with the Sync 3 system.  The more you drill down into it the more I am impressed.  I doubt I will use all of the features but it's ability and speed are the best I have seen.

#146 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:40 AM

I have been driving the new car for a week now and have about 350 miles of mixed driving accomplished.  I must say, I am truly impressed with this vehicle.  I was expecting it to be good, but thus far it has exceeded my expectations.  I am learning a lot about the operating systems but still have a lot to learn.  I am generating a list of questions regarding various things and I will start a new thread with some of these to see if some are normal or I am just doing something incorrectly.  I am really impressed with the Sync 3 system.  The more you drill down into it the more I am impressed.  I doubt I will use all of the features but it's ability and speed are the best I have seen.

Please take the time to read through the owner's manual before posting questions.  You can get it online at www.motorcraftservice.com or owner.ford.com.

#147 OFFLINE   cafpaf

cafpaf

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:24 AM

Thanks for the advice.  I am a manual reader.  I am sure I have read it at least twice and possibly more.  Some of what I want to know is if things are  operating properly or if the dealer can reprogram certain things.  As the moderator, do you think I can combine some of the questions or have a seperate thread for each? 

#148 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:47 PM

Doesn't matter - whatever you want to do.  If they're completely separate topics it might be better to keep them separate just to avoid confusion.

#149 OFFLINE   DZDub

DZDub

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lexus HS250h

Posted Yesterday, 09:50 PM

Just ordered my 2017 MKX.  It's only been a week and I am chompin' at the bit.  I have asked the dealer for the DORA.. but they are not exactly the most responsive.

I got the Sapphire Blue metallic w/ Cappuccino interior.  3.7L AWD, 22-way seats, 13 speaker Revel, Tech Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg, Climate Pkg, Cargo Pkg, Tow Pkg, Satin Roof Rails.

I test drove the many SUVs before deciding on the MKX.  I test drove the MKX for 3 days and was totally impressed.  Switching from Lexus and hoping that Lincoln can impress on long term reliability.

Hope Oakville is running low on build volume and will build my order in record time!!  ;-)

Edited by DZDub, Yesterday, 09:58 PM.

#150 OFFLINE   DZDub

DZDub

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lexus HS250h

Posted Today, 10:49 AM

Just ordered my 2017 MKX.  It's only been a week and I am chompin' at the bit.  I have asked the dealer for the DORA.. but they are not exactly the most responsive.

I got the Sapphire Blue metallic w/ Cappuccino interior.  3.7L AWD, 22-way seats, 13 speaker Revel, Tech Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg, Climate Pkg, Cargo Pkg, Tow Pkg, Satin Roof Rails.

I test drove the many SUVs before deciding on the MKX.  I test drove the MKX for 3 days and was totally impressed.  Switching from Lexus and hoping that Lincoln can impress on long term reliability.

Hope Oakville is running low on build volume and will build my order in record time!!  ;-)

Well  The Lincoln Concierge not only confirmed the order, but also gave me my VIN which shows up preliminary in ETIS.  Still not in COTUS yet.  Great first experience chatting with Lincoln Concierge!

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·