Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Brake Issue

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Regis

Regis

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUsa
  • Current Vehicle:2008 lincoln mkx
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

I have a 2008 Lincoln MKX, while on the highway, I had to stop bast to avoid a collision.

Literally, I had to standup on the brakes, and down shift so I could stop in time. Good news is I stopped, bad news is the brakes stop the car, however, the bedal travels to the floor.

If you have any ideas as to what part failed, please let me know.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Max

Max

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUS
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:15 PM

wow sorry no idea are you going to take it in can't be safe

#3 OFFLINE   Armen

Armen

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:20 PM

I have a 2008 Lincoln MKX, while on the highway, I had to stop bast to avoid a collision.

Literally, I had to standup on the brakes, and down shift so I could stop in time. Good news is I stopped, bad news is the brakes stop the car, however, the bedal travels to the floor.

If you have any ideas as to what part failed, please let me know.

It could be air in the lines, a bad master cylinder / line or something of that nature.  Are you losing fluid?

#4 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:50 PM

I would suspect master cylinder or more so being low on fluid.

#5 OFFLINE   JimmyZ

JimmyZ

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2012 lincoln mkx

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:57 PM

I am sure by now you have fixed your brake problem.  If not however our 2012 mkx brakes had an issue and I found out there was a recall issued for the brake booster.  No one even at the dealership it was purchased at detected it ( so much for certified pre owned 200 point inspection ).  Anyway just thought I would pass it on.  Happy trails....Jimmy Z

#6 OFFLINE   pamelaflores

pamelaflores

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationcalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:2010 lincoln mkx

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:08 PM

I had a similar issue with my brake booster.  The dealership said nothing was wrong as the brake light didn't stay on.  I insisted that the car wasn't stopping properly.  They then found the field service on the brake booster and checked the car.  The brake booster was leaking.  The car stops much better now!  I've since changed dealerships.

#7 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:17 PM

Had to replace the brake booster on my 09 MKX. Better now, but not perfect.
b
Brake pedal that goes to the floor is typically the master cylinder.

Edited by enigma-2, 22 July 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   dave33478

dave33478

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Location33478
  • Current Vehicle:MKX

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:18 PM

I'm surprised that this forum/thread is not all overt that Customer Satisfaction Program (aka recall) # 13N02.

I'm the 2nd owner of a 2010 MKX that was manufactured April 8, 2013. Recall covers May 3, 2013 through March 28, 2013

Just started having loss of power break intermittently at first, but now it is happening about 75% of the time.

Hissing sound when brakes are applied and when I applied heaver force, it started to whistle, (No I didn't recognize the tune)

It has all the symptoms of the Brake booster issue and phone consult with the Service writer confirmed the symptoms.

I'm like 25 days outside of the recall window. Argh!

I called Lincoln Client Relationship Center (800-521-4140) and explained my problem after providing my VIN.

At first he pushed back, but when I read him the verbiage in 13N02, he suggested I go to the dealership and get it officially diagnosed. If the Dealership believes it's the same issue covered by the recall, the Customer Sat. agent offered to call the dealership and try to work out coverage.

We'll see how it works out.

I have seen a how to replace the booster posting in one of the Edge Forum treads, but nothing here in the MKX forum. Maybe I'm searching wrong here. If anyone has any info on the steps for replacing the booster, I'd appreciate it. Just in case I can't get Lincoln to do what is right.

Here is the link I found to the recall that I could print and save for free.

http://pdfsr.com/pdf...13-edge-and-mkx

#9 OFFLINE   mariomaf

mariomaf

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationL.A
  • Current Vehicle:mkx 2011

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

Having a similar condition with my 2011 MKX. After doing some investigating, no external leaks, brake petal solid when it works, (no internal leaks in M/C), went to the dealer and talked to a mechanic and he informed me there is a dump valve on each brake caliper, and one could be stuck open ever once in  awhile. My brakes work fine, except for the fact that they go to the floor at times. Not often, but when it does it will do it 2-3 times in a row, then all is good for a while (months B-4 it happens again)  Plan on flushing out my brake lines this weekend, then wait and see if it happens again. Problem is, I can't replicate the problem, it happens when it happens.

#10 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:33 PM

I had the same thing. Took it in for a free bake check (Ford coupon) and woks fine afterwards. Think the mechanic may have accidentally fixed it durine the check. Also had booster replaced under warranty and new brakes on front. Much better pedal now (cept paring brake).

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·