Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rear hatch panel lights

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rewind

Rewind

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationMississippi
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:13 PM

The rear hatch panel lights on the left side are flickering, kind of like there is a short in them. Anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:24 AM

All of the courtesy lights are wired together coming from the SJB. As only one is having problems, it's probably isolated just to that one fixture. I would suspect either corroded fixture connections or the light bulb itself. (My money is the bulb needs replacing).

Owners manual lists the bulb as a 1600XB with a list price around $29 last I looked & is nothing more than a 168 bulb with a slight blue tint (kills some of the yellow and gives a whiter color output). Around $7 for a pack of two at local auto parts store. (Spray a little blue tint in it if you need to make an exact match).

Pull the fixture and see if the socket connections are good (not corroded or burnt). If OK, change the bulb. If not (corroded or burnt) I would buy a new light fixture.

You can pick up a light fixture here for $15: http://www.fordparts...r-lamps,,13776C

Edited by enigma-2, 02 September 2015 - 11:26 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   Rewind

Rewind

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationMississippi
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lincoln MKX

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:19 PM

Enigma-2, I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the "bar" of lights on the outside of the rear hatch. I've attached a pic I found on the net to show what I'm talking about.

Attached Files

#4 OFFLINE   Rob Cotterman

Rob Cotterman

• MKX Facebook Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationChattanooga, TN
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Lincoln MKX AWD

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:12 PM

Mine has the same problem.... of the four "rows" of light, the top LED and the bottom LED on the far left side occasionally flicker and go off... I am wondering if anyone has removed the fixture from the rear hatch and attempted to replace the LED's.... knowing Lincoln, they suggest replacing the entire fixture... that's how my Mark VIII was.

#5 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:38 PM

Ah, thought you were talking about the cargo lamp.

The rear liftgate panel light is a sealed assembly. I suppose you could use a dermal tool and cut it open, and replace the two weak LEDS. (I would replace all six just to be safe).

All six LEDS are wired in parallel, so a failure of one or would be limited to just those LEDs.

If you decide to replace the assembly, there's one currently on ebay for $190.

Never seen any posts on the Web for repairing one of these.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·