Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Horrible pain in the ass!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   richy

richy

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationWindsor
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2015

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:25 PM

We are driving to Myrtle Beach tomorrow and my L Amber turn signal/DRL burned out. I got a replacement and decided to do it myself. Unfortunately there isn't a good video tutorial on YT which is how I often learn how to do stuff. One website I did find (and I seem to reading this elsewhere too) was that it had to be accessed via the front wheel well. I did loosen it but I could not remove it from the socket due to being blocked from behind. I was able to remove it and change the bulb from inside the hood. It took quite a while of fiddling and swearing to get the new one in. I HATE THAT DESIGN!!!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:27 PM

I completely agree. I changed my headlights to put in Silverstars, finally ended up using a (I think) 1" crow's foot socket to be able to get a grip on the drivers side bulb. Real pain for such a routine service function. Must be designed to force owners to take to local dealer for service.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·