Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Adaptive LED headlights conversion

Adaptive LED headlights conversion headlamps assembly software update service mod

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Conversion to LED Headlights (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you do it?

1. Yes (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. No (9 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

3. Maybe (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:35 PM

Sorry to mislead. There isn't an option in a menu for the adaptive function (which didn't exist anyway). There are other options related to the lights though. I had checked this dialogs earlier, which is what I meant above. Apologies.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:37 AM

But isn’t there an option for the adaptive HIDs? Too cold for me to go look and too late to go browse the manual.

#43 OFFLINE   MKXMark

MKXMark

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationSoutheastern PA
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKX Select
  • My MKX's Year:2016-2018

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:27 AM

The manual says the adaptive headlamps work over 3MPH and have menu settings for left hand traffic or right hand traffic.

#44 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:51 AM

He said he had a loaded reserve which would mean the LEDs. The LEDs are not adaptive and there is no such option in the menus, which is why he can't find it. There are other options in the menus related to the lights though.

Lincoln has removed the term "adaptive" from the advertising for newer models (like the Continental) as a result.

I have a MKZ loaner right now with adaptive HIDs. Much sharper cutoff than the LEDs. Otherwise, I don't see a big difference.

#45 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:20 AM

Lincoln has removed the term "adaptive" from the advertising for newer models (like the Continental) as a result.

Not true. From the Continental website at Lincoln.com:

Dynamic adaptive HID headlamps, standard on the Lincoln Continental, swivel from side to side with the steering wheel. As you turn the steering wheel, the entire beam pattern sweeps across the road in the direction of the turn, helping to illuminate a wider stretch of road when compared to non-adaptive headlamps.

At speeds between 1 and 35 mph, the reflectors in the available adaptive full-LED headlamps are slowly activated and deactivated, widening the low-beam pattern to help illuminate pedestrians or other roadside objects. The reflectors also adapt in relation to the steering wheel position, adding more light in the direction of the turn.

#46 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

Look at the brochure on the lincoln website in the optional packages. The HIDs are described as adaptive the LEDs are not.

I won't claim to have read all the Lincoln literature on the Continental but thats not what the downloadable brochure claims.

Oh, and the dealer did confirm yesterday that the LEDs on my vehicle are not adaptive.
  • VisionPilot likes this

#47 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:27 PM

Look at the brochure on the lincoln website in the optional packages. The HIDs are described as adaptive the LEDs are not.
I won't claim to have read all the Lincoln literature on the Continental but thats not what the downloadable brochure claims.
Oh, and the dealer did confirm yesterday that the LEDs on my vehicle are not adaptive.

You’re correct that both the order guide and brochure say Premium LED headlamps. But the website still has the verbiage I posted above.

I guess we won’t know for sure until somebody puts a piece of cardboard over one light and records the light pattern while turning a corner.

#48 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

FWIW, I have a loaner MKZ (and, I still say that the Fusion/MKZ is one of the best sedans in the class) with adaptable HIDs. I like the LEDs a lot more, mainly because there isn't such a sharp cutoff.  I honestly don't see either as a life-or-death improvement over halogens though. 

#49 OFFLINE   Southerngravy

Southerngravy

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationWoodbridge, North Virginia
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Acura MDX Advance, 1988 Honda Civic DX
  • My MKX's Year:2016-2018

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:46 PM

Well folks I can vouch for this "Adaptive LED" misquote by Ford/Lincoln.  I receive a letter early 2016 that said that is was a miss-print, along with a few other things.  This conversation was started in 2015 pertaining to the MY16's.  I am still floored by them offering that as a sales pitch but hey I paid cash for mine so I guess I'll deal with it.  I originally bought it for my wife who then gave it to me, for which she got real "Adaptive LEDs" in the 2017 MDX.  So here is the original conversation starter, enjoy.  

http://lincolnmkxfor...ng-stonewalled/

#50 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

I can understand why they might have to change them either due to technical issues or DOT regulations, but continuing to advertise them as adaptive LEDs if they’re not is inexcusable.
  • Southerngravy and VisionPilot like this

#51 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 769 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:44 PM

They adapt to market conditions. ....
  • Cosmos36 and VisionPilot like this

#52 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:27 AM

Totally agree with you akirby.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adaptive, LED, headlights, conversion, headlamps, assembly, software, update, service, mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·