Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Possible Windshield Delamination

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rural_OC_MKX

Rural_OC_MKX

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOrange County, Calif.
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX Reserved 2.7 AWD Allure Blue
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:47 PM

I was prepping our March build 2016 MKX for a weekend trip and I was cleaning the windshield when i noticed some bubbles along the top edge of the front windshield. Actually, there were so many bubbles that I would guess the count at between 40 and 50. I had limited time so I could not get up on a ladder to determine for certain if it is delamination or bubbles in the glue/sealer. Has anyone else noticed this on their windshield?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Resident

• MKX Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

There's no windshield issues appearing on www.carcomplaints.com for the 2016 MKX. You may be the 1st on this forum.

#3 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:45 AM

First I've heard here or on the Edge forum.  If that's it then it's a one-off issue and should be covered by warranty.

#4 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:22 PM

Has anyone else noticed this on their windshield?

Couple of guys over on the 150 forum https://www.f150foru...ination-350991/

A few had this in the Explorer forums. Looks like a snowflake. Dealer will replace.

#5 OFFLINE   Rural_OC_MKX

Rural_OC_MKX

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationOrange County, Calif.
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX Reserved 2.7 AWD Allure Blue

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:19 AM

Just got the car back from the dealer. They replaced the windshield without issue. 

#6 OFFLINE   d4dewu

d4dewu

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:MKX BL 2016
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:11 PM

My 2016 MKX has what I would best describe looks like someone dumped a bucket of soap water on the windshield and it dried.  It appeared after a routine maintenance from the dealer (scheduled oil) and nothing seems to be able to clean.  It gets a bit better when they tried to clean but you still see the faint streaks top to bottom.  Dealer has tried twice and now scheduling a warranty replacement, that is the good part about how I like my dealer.

Has anyone heard of such a thing with the windshield?  I know the windshield is suppose to have some noise acoustic sound dampening characteristics but not sure how that is accomplished on this windshield and could/might contribute!?

#7 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Resident

• MKX Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:45 PM

Over many years of experience with rental cars exiting the car wash stalls directly into intense sunlight without drying (and washed with solutions of who-knows-what chemicals), I have encountered windshields that were nearly opaque with baked on substances that resisted every effort to remove, even with a vinegar and razor blade treatment.

OEM acoustic glass, common on many vehicles today, consists of specific formulation vinyl compound layers between thin glass surfaces, usually 'tuned' to mitigate low (and other) NVH frequencies. It is not likely that the presence of acoustic glass is contributive to your issue. Your windshield probably encountered some environmental exposure at the dealer.

#8 OFFLINE   d4dewu

d4dewu

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:MKX BL 2016
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:04 PM

My 2016 MKX has what I would best describe looks like someone dumped a bucket of soap water on the windshield and it dried.  It appeared after a routine maintenance from the dealer (scheduled oil) and nothing seems to be able to clean.  It gets a bit better when they tried to clean but you still see the faint streaks top to bottom.  Dealer has tried twice and now scheduling a warranty replacement, that is the good part about how I like my dealer.

Has anyone heard of such a thing with the windshield?  I know the windshield is suppose to have some noise acoustic sound dampening characteristics but not sure how that is accomplished on this windshield and could/might contribute!?

Just got mine back from dealer where they replaced windshield.  Looks great and also is much quieter as t noticed the molding is now more exact fitting.  The wind noise from the front now is practically gone where before around 60 wind noise would start to increase and now even at speeds above 70, nothing noticeable, actually i hear more "noise" behind me than the front.  Sorry, I know the noise is another thread but this was really done well by the dealer and now that I can see what it should be it is nice

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·