I leased a 2017 MKX Reserve in May 2017, and have encountered numerous issues with the navigation system that leave me still using my phone with Google Maps. I'm curious if others have had the same issues.
1. Map version is "NA 1 15", which I believe means North America January 2015. Three year old maps explain some of my problems. But why would Lincoln (and Ford, since the same is true of my 2017 Mustang) deliver cars with 3 year old maps?
2. Navigation attempts to route me on roads that no longer exist. See # 1.
3. Navigation preferences are set to "always fastest route", yet it often routes me on what Google Maps offers as the slowest route.
4. When searching for a POI, after stating the city, then the POI, Sync 3 will offer me POIs in different cities. The first time I used this feature, I entered the city and POI, and it routed me to that POI in a different city without even telling me. Instead, it kept telling me to make a U-turn. After 20 minutes of that, I finally looked at the turn-by-turn list and realized what it had done. I was flabbergasted. I called the concierge and spent 30 minutes on the phone with them, and was finally told there was a recall on my vehicle because of a problem where Sync 3 won'te update maps. I took the car in for the recall, only to find there was no recall. The dealer reset my Sync 3 system and found nothing wrong. When I talked to a "Sync expert" who works with my dealer, he insisted that the POI owner must not have paid to be listed. I don't know why a POI owner would pay to list in one city but not another, but perhaps that's true. But when I entered the street address for the POI, navigation still could not find it. See # 1.
5. Sync 3 recently updated to version 2.3 in November 2017. The "Sync expert" I talked to said that a map update should closely follow. I have not seen it, yet. Has anyone else updated to something newer than "NA 1 15"?
6. Speed limit information is incorrect on many roads. See # 1. In West Texas where I didn't see a road sign for miles, I got a warning from a very nice State Policeman for doing the speed limit that my Lincoln gave me, when the actual speed limit was lower.
It is ridiculous that I paid a huge amount of money for this navigation system, but I still have to use my phone to navigate. And to have such an unreliable POI search feature - why ask what city if you are going to list every similar POI in the region and make me select it from a list, or worse, yet, list every POI EXCEPT the one I am asking for? Or even worse, yet, just route me to another city entirely without even telling me? This frustration has really soured our otherwise mostly positive experience with this vehicle.