Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Nautilus Name and changes explained

Nautilus MKX

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   punch-card

punch-card

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSTL - O'Fallon
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

Check out this 4 minute video explaining the changes.

http://www.autoline....ournal/?p=52348

Edited by punch-card, 01 December 2017 - 12:25 PM.

• VisionPilot likes this
416517.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

Well, I guess it would be entirely appropriate for me (Navy aviation vet) to purchase a sailor aka nautilus. I'm sure the Nautilus would tempt me if in fact the added insulation, modified suspension, and acoustic rear glass offered less NVH.

#3 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationEastern Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

^ What suspension mods are you referring to? 

Current: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD, Reserve, Ingot Silver on Cappuccino, 21s, Luxury, Climate, Driver Assistance, Technology, Cargo Utility, Multi-contour, Adaptive Steering

Previous: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Reserve, Luxe on Ebony and 2013 MKX AWD, Elite, Ingot Silver on Light Stone

#4 OFFLINE   shoeguy

shoeguy

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationTORONTO
  • Current Vehicle:2016 LINCOLN MKX RESERVE

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

I was hoping that there would be a few changes to the interior, the interior is fine as is as far as I am concerned. I am due for a new lease for 2019 and was hoping for a change so not same old same old.  

#5 OFFLINE   elijahbird7

elijahbird7

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNE Illinois

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:11 PM

Looks like the steering wheel center and the turn signal and windshield wiper handles are the same as on the Continental I had for a loaner this summer.

#6 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

^ What suspension mods are you referring to? 

Ability to raise/lower it.

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#7 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:17 PM

Ability to raise/lower it.

I haven’t read that. You’d think they would have announced it in the press release. Does ANY current Ford/Lincoln offer air suspension?

Current: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD, Reserve, Ingot Silver on Cappuccino, 21s, Luxury, Climate, Driver Assistance, Technology, Cargo Utility, Multi-contour, Adaptive Steering

Previous: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Reserve, Luxe on Ebony and 2013 MKX AWD, Elite, Ingot Silver on Light Stone

#8 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

I haven’t read that. You’d think they would have announced it in the press release. Does ANY current Ford/Lincoln offer air suspension?

I read it a few months ago along with that the 3LTT was going to be an option...

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot if they offer only 2 engines.  I think my salesmen will be disappointed as he rave about the 3LTT.

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#9 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:12 PM

Adam...re: suspension mods. A review that was reading too much into the steering tech & 2WD/4WD split led me to adopt a notion that the N. suspension was being modified. MY bad...sorry. BTW, it took a lot of reading reviews for me to discover that the 'whisker' (as one author described it), i.e. the straight line across the fascia below the headlight, is the turn signal but, no indication of what color or light fixture type it is.

#10 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:01 AM

I have seen a video where the whisker lights up as the turn signal. It appears to be an amber led strip.

There are running lamps in the headlight modules as well as at the bottom of the fascia. While they appear to be fog or cornering lamps, I believe they are not.

It remains to be seen if the headlights shown in LA are standard. It would seem that they shouldn’t be and I think they will be an upgrade. Hopefully not the insane up charge as the LEDs in the current X. I say hopefully because I’m a sucker for advanced lighting.

Re the new AWD system, it makes sense to be able to stop the driveshaft rotating during steady state cruising, but it does add another level of mechanical complexity to have another clutch back there. I have always loved Ford’s predictive awd systems. They’re much better than the slip THEN grip systems out there IMHO.

I’m just watching some YouTube videos on my Apple TV on the new Naut and, after pausing a closeup of the new twisted star/turbine wheel and approaching my tv screen I can confirm they are 21” still (Continentals though)

All in all, I like what I see but still find it upsetting they aren’t offering the 3.0T. I know there’s been speculation that they’ll offer it, I remain sceptical. I would hate to buy a ‘19 and then find out the 3.0 will be put in the ‘20.

#11 OFFLINE   cafpaf

cafpaf

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • Current Vehicle:Cadillac cts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:35 AM

I have read several reviews and looked at several videos of the Nautilus and, in general, I like what I see.  However, as I have said many times, there is no perfect vehicle.  We all like different  things.  All we can hope for is that what there is performs as designed and works flawlessly.  Having said that, I am glad that there is a new transmission.  I only hope that it performs smoothly at low speed as that is one of my few complaints with my 2017 Reserve.  The other things I was hoping to see are minor indeed.  I hate the current rear cross traffic alert system.  It certainly works properly, but when the alarm sounds, the driver has to turn his head fully from side to side to see which side the traffic is coming from.  It would be much better is that same alert appeared on the screen in the form of a red arrow like Cadillac. No turning of the head required.  Speaking of the screen, I am glad to see that it is larger.  Now if it were only mounted higher.  Maybe switching the location of the air vents with the screen would make things much easier to see.  Finally, some of my pet peeves would also be rectified with an HUD if the appropriate information and/or alerts were displayed there.   I really enjoy my 2017 and would certainly get another.  However, after reading many of the problems with the early build 2015 and 2016 vehicles, I think that I would wait until some of the bugs are worked out.  As always, these are my musings and just one man's opinion. 

#12 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:37 PM

I’m glad you live way away from me... you SHOULD be turning your head back and forth when backing your 4,500 pound chunk of steel up!

Edit... should probably revise this before my comments are seen as overly harsh. FYI I’m still in my 30s so I don’t have the flexibility issues of some of you folks.

Earlier this year I bought a second vehicle. Second hand, my ‘hooptie’, a small, foreign, AWD hatchback to drive as a runabout. By far my least high-tech vehicle in nearly a decade. I actually have to check my blind spot and do the old right-arm-on-the-seatback reverse we learned in Young Drivers. Makes me think about how many ‘replacements’ these modern vehicles have in them when all you have to really do is be alert, look around and pay attention to what you’re doing!

Edited by Adam, 02 December 2017 - 01:02 PM.

#13 ONLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:12 PM

Doesn’t it tell you in the display whether the traffic is coming from the right or left? My fusion does but I don’t remember if the MKX does it. If not that’s silly.

#14 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:11 PM

I don't think it does.

#15 ONLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:38 PM

I don't think it does.

From the OM:

The Cross Traffic Alert illuminates an amber alert indicator in the outside mirror on the side of your vehicle the approaching vehicle is coming from. Cross Traffic Alert also sounds an audible alert and a message appears in the information display indicating a vehicle is coming from the right or left.

Edited by akirby, 03 December 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   elijahbird7

elijahbird7

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNE Illinois

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:35 PM

The more I think about this, the more the 245 HP 2.0L base engine makes no sense for a vehicle that weighs almost 4500 lbs. (I feel the same about the MKZ) Since they have a 2.3L with 285 HP, why are they not using it, since 40 HP makes a huge difference? I sure hope that at least the Reserve model comes standard with the 2.7L. I'm very pleased with that engine on my '16. Also, if they offer only gray coated wheels which is the direction they are heading, I will have to go to another luxury source, which is not a good thing, since Lincolns have been in my family since we had a new 1953 Capri Coupe.

#17 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

There's also the 3.3 NA at 290 HP-265 TQ that would have satisfied the folks that dislike both turbo and 4-banger engines, but perhaps CAFE/export rules entered into Lincoln's choice. Personally, I swore off of four cylinder engines years ago for a variety of reasons, loving V6 engines also for several reasons. I'm not motivated to strive for max fuel mileage, especially when mpg differences are so trivial.

As for wheel choices, 5 of the 6 available are new offerings. We'll just have to wait and see what the new designs are.

#18 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:23 PM

I'm not sure why people are getting hung up by the 2.0. Obviously nobody had an issue with the 3.7. The 2.0 will have as much torque as the 3.7 which is really what matters and with the 8 speed out accelerate the 3.7 while getting better economy numbers. What will matter is how refined the 4 is.

#19 OFFLINE   shoeguy

shoeguy

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationTORONTO
  • Current Vehicle:2016 LINCOLN MKX RESERVE

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

I'm not sure why people are getting hung up by the 2.0. Obviously nobody had an issue with the 3.7. The 2.0 will have as much torque as the 3.7 which is really what matters and with the 8 speed out accelerate the 3.7 while getting better economy numbers. What will matter is how refined the 4 is.

The MKC that I drove a few weeks ago for a full day as a loaner car drove nice, to me it was not the feel of my 3.7 in my MKX. It still had that 4cyl feel at idle. 

#20 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

I have too I also drove the 2017 Volvo 60 with turbo both engine different then the new engine. The 8 speed will make the bug difference. Mkc has a 6 speed.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·