Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

High Pitch Electronic Noise From Engine Area

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sdonaghey

sdonaghey

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationLaSalle
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:23 AM

Has anyone noticed a high pitched electronic noise from the engine area when the car is in the on position but the engine is not started?  I had the car in the garage and hit the On button and was hearing this and thought it was just my ears, until I turned off the car and it went away.  It seems to be coming from behind the engine near the firewall.  My MKX is an early production model and it seems to have some gremlins because of this.  It was built around 03/2015.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   mosh00

mosh00

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationIowa
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:11 AM

Has anyone noticed a high pitched electronic noise from the engine area when the car is in the on position but the engine is not started?  I had the car in the garage and hit the On button and was hearing this and thought it was just my ears, until I turned off the car and it went away.  It seems to be coming from behind the engine near the firewall.  My MKX is an early production model and it seems to have some gremlins because of this.  It was built around 03/2015.

My previous vehicle, which was an Edge did that.  It was the ballasts for the High Intensity Discharge (HID) Lights.  Had them replaced under warranty.  I don't remember, it was either an under voltage or over voltage with the ballasts.  Like with your vehicle, it could only be heard when the vehicle ignition was in the On position but the engine not running.  

Do you have the HID's or the LED lights (Luxury Package)? Are your lights on when you hear the high pitched buzz?  Try turning them off to confirm that it's the lights.

Mike

2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

2.7L EcoBoost - AWD - White Platinum Metallic (Exterior) - Hazelnut (Interior) - Luxury Package - Driver Assistance Package - Technology Package - Climate Package - Cargo Utility Package - 22-Way Adjustable Seats - Trailer Tow Package - Adaptive Steering - Inflatable Rear-Seat Belts - Enhanced Security Package - 21" Premium Painted Aluminum Rims

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

#3 OFFLINE   sdonaghey

sdonaghey

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLaSalle

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:45 AM

Yes, mine has the Luxury package.  I will test that out after I pick up the car from the dealership later today.  Getting a bunch of other things taken care of today.

Thanks for letting me know about this.

Edited by sdonaghey, 27 October 2017 - 08:45 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   mosh00

mosh00

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

Yes, mine has the Luxury package.  I will test that out after I pick up the car from the dealership later today.  Getting a bunch of other things taken care of today.

Thanks for letting me know about this.

I'll be curious to hear what you find out.  I think even the LED's have ballasts, so still could be the same type of issue.

Mike

2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

2.7L EcoBoost - AWD - White Platinum Metallic (Exterior) - Hazelnut (Interior) - Luxury Package - Driver Assistance Package - Technology Package - Climate Package - Cargo Utility Package - 22-Way Adjustable Seats - Trailer Tow Package - Adaptive Steering - Inflatable Rear-Seat Belts - Enhanced Security Package - 21" Premium Painted Aluminum Rims

#5 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

donaghey...your build date of 03/2015 may be one of the earliest of participants on this forum. As I recall that was on or about the announced production start date for MY 16 MKXs. I considered my date of 09/2015 to be early, but your date is significantly a half year earlier.

#6 OFFLINE   sdonaghey

sdonaghey

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLaSalle

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

Actually I made a mistake on the date.  I checked ETIS again and my car was built on 07/29/2015. 

#7 OFFLINE   sdonaghey

sdonaghey

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLaSalle

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:22 PM

Well that noise still happens even if I have the headlight switch turned to the off position.  Must be something else going on.

#8 OFFLINE   mosh00

mosh00

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:23 PM

Well that noise still happens even if I have the headlight switch turned to the off position.  Must be something else going on.

Yep, sounds like it.  Time to head to the dealer.

2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·