Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Consumer Reports

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Grillmaster75

Grillmaster75

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationBrookfiled WI
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:55 AM

I would argue that it's not very convenient if they can't fix the problem correctly and cause more issues with each visit.

I have a great salesperson at the local dealer who knows me.  I just call and tell him what I want and he gets it one way or the other.  He knows I use X plan.   But their service department screwed up twice in a row so now I refuse to do business with them.  

It's like my wife's grandmother used to say about her Curtis Mathes tv.   After it died for the 5th time and they came out and fixed it I asked her why she kept buying Curtis Mathes tvs?   She said because when they break they come out to the house and fix it.   I said well what if you bought a different brand that never failed in the first place?   It took her a few minutes to get it.

Some good points to ponder for sure, thanks.  I too had a Curtis Mathes (never broke).  Like I said as long as the MKX is fixed under warranty I have had patience  with the work being done.  I won't be any longer.  I thought for the knowledge of the forum I would post my experiences.  For what it is worth I used to lease cars for my business and I have personally owned 17 cars.  Loved leasing because after 2 or 3 years tops you got rid of the car, good bad or indifferent.  I only kept one car - an Accord which I sold to my daughter.  But I kept the MB for 157,000 miles so that says a lot about the quality and reliability of that car. 

Chris

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   Grillmaster75

Grillmaster75

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBrookfiled WI
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:10 AM

W

I know we disagree about this akirby (which is OK) but the lack of control Ford has over Lincoln dealers is part of the problem here.  Few people walk away from a Lexus or Infiniti dealer with these complaints.   One way or another, other companies maintain a much higher standard of customer support than Lincoln. Even the most arrogant of all companies, BMW, was a thousand times better to me than Lincoln. 

There are only TWO LIncoln dealers that are reasonably close to me (despite the fact that I live in the biggest car market in the country).  The first one kept my car for eight days without doing any work because they had a problem with a service adviser.  Eight days, while I paid on the lease.  I kept calling and calling and they wouldn't even return my calls or give me my vehicle back.

The second dealer has repeatedly broken parts of my car when taking for service.  The first time, they declared my Sync 3 needed to be replaced (which I still don't believe). They returned the vehicle with all USB ports deactivated and the front console with a nice gorge in it . In other words, vehicle came back in worse shape then in went in.  Second time, glove compartment kept spontaneously opening because plastic trim on dash failed.  After three separate trips (because they continued to argue the problems were caused by me kicking the glovebox out of alignment - something I somehow managed to do while sitting in the driver's seat), they finally replaced the plastic trim.  However, they cracked the wood trim on the console in three different places. They actually returned the car to me with multiple cracks in the wood. 

The above is not just bad dealer service. It grossly incompetent, reprehensible service.  Its embarrassing, especially to a brand that considers itself upscale. 

My take on the MKX remains the same.  On road, I still see it as one of the best (and maybe even the best) vehicle in the class.  I think Sync 3 IS the best infortainment system in the segment.  But, the materials quality and fit and finish are a bummer, the reliability questionable, and the dealer service is an unmitigated joke.  Lincoln got the hard parts correct, and then dropped the ball on the easier challenges. 

WOW - thanks for making me feel better about my experience, not good for you though.  overall I agree with your post.  Other than eventually fixing all of the issues without further damage to the car I can add one positive experience.  my LGV20 would most of the time not sync with the MKX.  They spent hours trying to get it to sync over a couple of visits. when it did sync it then wouldn't sync a day or two later.  one of those is it the car or the phone? I finally found someone with a V20 at the dealer that synced up no problem.  At the same time I went to Verizon and got a rep with a V20 to sync his phone.  Ultimately Verizon determined the phone was the problem and we replaced the phone no charge and no problems since.  That is the extra mile the "managers" put in trying to fix a problem.  But the way they let the car be delivered when a service is completed is as poor as anything I have seen.   Same positive story for the Lincoln on line support when trying to upgrade the original sync system (I ran the last update and it went flawlessly).  Super helpful. 

#43 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:30 PM

The Lincoln dealers in China are a model of what I would like to see in the U.S.

#44 OFFLINE   fredluke

fredluke

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOakville

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:09 PM

The Lincoln dealers in China are a model of what I would like to see in the U.S.

Yes..the production is continually increasing to China form the plant. Fortunately, China drives on the RHS so tooling is not an issue, but the MKX cannot be shipped to Hong Kong which is a huge luxury car market (LHS)

#45 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:34 PM

Perhaps the Hong Kong issue will be resolved when an exclusive new Lincoln SUV, likely modeled after something resembling a Navigator, is built by joint venture partner Changan Automobile Group in China in 2019.

Lincoln's are increasingly popular in China. I can drive a short distance from my home to view 4,000+ Lincolns (MKZ, MKC, MKX, Navi, Conti) being loaded for export from Port of Portland monthly. It's probably not commonly known, but China is currently exporting limited models of Buick, Cadillac, Volvo (owned by China's Geely), and Ford (Focus in 2019) to the U.S.

Edited by Cosmos36, 06 November 2017 - 10:44 PM.

#46 OFFLINE   fredluke

fredluke

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationOakville

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:54 PM

Some Cadys are built in China?  Wow... thought I'd never see that! I sometimes wonder how strange things have come...

Cady built in China

Hyundai built in US

Honda built in Canada US

Chryslers built in China

Everything is backwards!!

#47 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

Re: Cadillac built in China, it's the CT6 plug-in, a 2.0L turbo hybrid starting at $75,095.

#48 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:34 PM

...  Hyundai built in US...

They were stamping/assembling in Canada in the late 80's.  They spend over 300's of million to build a factory in Bromont Quebec, they were my neighbour.

It closed after 4 years...  The building was quite impressive.  

http://www.autonews....-bromont-let-go

http://www.langleyhy...hyundai-canada/

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#49 OFFLINE   fredluke

fredluke

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationOakville

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

They were stamping/assembling in Canada in the late 80's.  They spend over 300's of million to build a factory in Bromont Quebec, they were my neighbour.

It closed after 4 years...  The building was quite impressive.  

http://www.autonews....-bromont-let-go

http://www.langleyhy...hyundai-canada/

Interesting links...Auto landscape is changing so quickly the only way to know for sure where a vehicle is built is to look at the door jamb.

#50 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:03 AM

And...auto industry analysts, ex-manufacturing CEOs, auto media musings, etc. are forecasting that private vehicle ownership will be entirely replaced by on-demand autonomous transportation modes in the next 12-15 years. If so, an era is closing for many folks. Anyone for a pilotless flight to Hawaii?

#51 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

And...auto industry analysts, ex-manufacturing CEOs, auto media musings, etc. are forecasting that private vehicle ownership will be entirely replaced by on-demand autonomous transportation modes in the next 12-15 years.

Reminds me of the Gerry Cab in the the movie Total Recall with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

#52 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

And...auto industry analysts, ex-manufacturing CEOs, auto media musings, etc. are forecasting that private vehicle ownership will be entirely replaced by on-demand autonomous transportation modes in the next 12-15 years. If so, an era is closing for many folks. Anyone for a pilotless flight to Hawaii?

I'm in...  http://money.cnn.com...egas/index.html

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·