Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lock beep very quiet on 2016

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   daver75

daver75

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationSoutheastern PA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

Anyone else notice when locking the car outside, the confirmation beep is very quiet?  The dealer told me that he tried it on another 2016 and the volume was the same, but I didnt witness it.  I tried it outside with the hood up and it was much louder, but I couldnt locate where the beep was coming from.

I had a loaner 2017 MKZ and it was appropriately loud enough to hear.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:12 AM

According to the owners manual, pressing the lock button twice locks all doors and honks the horn. (Nothing about a chirp which would be a different device).

You could try changing the setting for one button lock all and see if the sound comes from the horn (like in previous years).

Press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote for a few seconds. The turn signals will flash twice, indicating that the mode has switched. Then try unlocking and locking by pressing the lock button twice. (Can set it back to where it was by redoing process).
  • VisionPilot likes this

#3 OFFLINE   rasfl31

rasfl31

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

Anyone else notice when locking the car outside, the confirmation beep is very quiet?  The dealer told me that he tried it on another 2016 and the volume was the same, but I didnt witness it.  I tried it outside with the hood up and it was much louder, but I couldnt locate where the beep was coming from.

I had a loaner 2017 MKZ and it was appropriately loud enough to hear.

The same happened to mine. The horn that emits the chime was defective and the dealer had to replace the horn that emits that chime. They were hesitant to replace it at first but if you insist, they should do it. It's really loud now that it was replaced.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·