Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Yesterday Sync 3 Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   elijahbird7

elijahbird7

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNE Illinois
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

Since my Marina lost the license plate on my Boat Trailer, yesterday I headed to the Secretary of State's office to get a replacement. I had just been there about 10 days ago to renew my Drivers License, so had used Navigation to get there. I started the car, touched the Navigation Icon and looked under recently found, it was at the top of the list, selected it, and then pushed "Start". Nothing happened, so tried hitting start a couple of more times and nothing. So then I decided to shut the car off, and open the car door to shut things down. Started the car again, and then the screen was just showing that circle thing spinning, and "downloading map". I started the 40 minute drive, and it just kept spinning with nothing happening. I tried to shut the system down by pushing the button inside the volume knob, but that would not shut it down. At a Stop light, I then went to settings, and tried the "Master Reboot" selection. It went through the process, but again went right back to the spinning circle of downloading map. That's all it did for the whole 40 minute drive. So, I hoped while I was getting my new license plate, maybe sitting for 20 minutes would let it completely shut down and restart and be working, which it actually did. I sure thought it was going to be another trip to the Lincoln Dealer, which was only about 8 miles away, but it has worked fine since, as I had Navigation working all the way home...hope this is not the sign of another issue.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   punch-card

punch-card

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSTL - O'Fallon

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

What version are you running? v2.2 or v3? That sounds like what happens when you do the Sync 3 OS upgrade.

416517.png

#3 OFFLINE   elijahbird7

elijahbird7

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNE Illinois

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:31 AM

2.2. Another weird thing about when I hook up to wi-fi to do a software update check. It keeps saying "last update check 6/24/17". I have done the update check at least 3 times since that date. Even did it again yesterday after I got back from that trip, and it still gives that June date. On the Sync site online it just shows my Sync 3 is up to date as of now.

#4 OFFLINE   punch-card

punch-card

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSTL - O'Fallon

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

I had similar issue with mine not wanting to check over wifi, I ended up doing a system reset and that fixed that issue. As for the maps, well maybe the system reset would help that too  :)

Edited by punch-card, 11 October 2017 - 03:50 PM.

416517.png

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·