Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Odd electronic seating gremlin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

here is the totally bizarre problem I've been having with my 22-way adjustable driver's seat: It will actually randomly change shape while driving (I say randomly, but there is more to it which I describe below).  Although the settings on the menu remain unchanged, the side bolsters suddenly move out (making the seat wider).  At times, the get slightly tighter.

This happens VERY rarely - like once a week.  I finally found the predictor though - it only happens when I'm driving up a very steep hill.  I live in Los Angeles and when I'm driving up the 405 from the Westside to the valley (i.e, "coming over the hill") it happens ever single time.  

Anybody else have that?  Two separate dealers have told me I am nuts, but I assure you it is a real phenomenon (that doesn't rule out me being nuts, but that's another issue).

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:18 PM

I would try isolating the fault by "squishing" around on the seat (to see if your shifing body weight is the trigger, and not related to pitch angle).

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·