Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Reverse sensor issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   VonKrob

VonKrob

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationCalgary
  • Current Vehicle:2013 mkx

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

Hi everyone. I have a 2013 MKX and the issue I’m having is my reverse sensing system has stopped working. Cross sensing and camera still work. I am unable to turn the reverse sensing on or off. It doesn’t show highlighted on or off. Fuses good.

Any thoughts?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

Most likely cause is one of the rear backup sensors has stopped working (this is especially true if the off light doesn't go off). Couple of ways to check. First you can take the car in and have the dealer run a scan. The second is to put parking brake on, then turn ignition on (DO NOT START) and finally put in reverse. Check each sensor by touching or listening carefully. You should hear clicking on each one. If any don't click, check connection on that sensor for corrosion. It's also possible the sensor has failed internally. A dealer scan should be able to tell if it's a sensor or module. On my 09, the module is in the driver's side cargo area.
If your under extended warranty it's a no-brainer. Take it in as a new module is a couple of hundred. (Sensors aren't cheap either).

#3 OFFLINE   VonKrob

VonKrob

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationCalgary
  • Current Vehicle:2013 mkx

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:12 PM

I will try that thanks. The only thing that confuses me is neither the off or on is lit up.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·