Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2019 Lincoln Nautilus

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:35 PM

Yes, that's very often the case. On one occasion I was able to get inside of a vehicle before the show officially started. It was a very disturbing experience to find several switches, hinges, panel openings, etc. that were not operational, i.e. just glued on, etc.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#142 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

That's one reason.   The other one is they don't want the public to damage it since they're used at multiple shows for several months. 

I get it, but if I was looking to buy one I'd like to at least be able to sit in it.

#143 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

Sitting in the MKX at the Atlanta auto show 2 years ago is what swayed my wife to the MKX instead of the Edge.   The seats were way more comfortable and the interior had a different feel with the higher armrest/console.  Had it been new and we weren't able to sit in it we would probably have a Titanium Edge instead.

#144 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:09 PM

For multiple reasons, I understand why vehicles at advance showings are locked. Several years ago, the wife & I really got interested in an Oldsmobile Intrigue (she the styling, for me, the fantastic Olds 3.5 DOHC V6 'Shortstar' derived from the Cadillac V8 Northstar) concept car at a show. GM kept the new Intrigue locked for a period covering two model years of shows. Finally, we were able to inspect one in n' out at the dealer. Sometimes you just have to wait until the 'sell by' date to kick the tires.

#145 OFFLINE   Fletchlin

Fletchlin

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Audi Q5

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

I get all the reasons they don't want you to sit in these pre-production models but, In my wife's case it is key.  We are going to an auto show in January and she will get a car by May.  If she can't sit in it and it doesn't come out until the fall she won't wait (extend lease).  I think it's worth waiting for but seeing (and sitting in) is believing. 

#146 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:16 PM

While not a completely new model, the Nautilus does has enough new drivetrain (transmission & engine) choices, tech features (electronics & driving aids), and exterior frontal appearance mods to warrant close scrutiny between competitive offerings. The interior trappings (dimensions, ergonomics, & aesthetics) are so similar that simply sitting in a N. wouldn't differ significantly from a current MY MKX. If Spring is a definitive date to make a lease decision, it appears that your only alternative would be to rent a vehicle until a Nautilus is available. It's certainly a dilemma faced often by some on the several forums that I view.

#147 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

If you like the current model and you like the looks of the Nautilus then I think you’d be safe waiting for it. However, don’t count on getting one until August/September.

#148 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:12 AM

The Lincoln side at the la autoshow said it would be locked everywhere it went.

Lincoln was probably the least visited brand there. I could have taken a nap in the mkc. Nobody had any interest.

#149 OFFLINE   Fletchlin

Fletchlin

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Audi Q5

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:08 AM

Thanks all for the comments.  Sad there isn't more interest in the brand.  Does help come negotiating time though!

#150 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

LA is not the best market for Lincoln or Cadillac - heavy into import brands. Detroit, Chicago and New York will be much better.

#151 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:20 AM

China loves Lincoln, explosive year-over-year annual sales growth and dealer network. Pier 6 in Portland is continually covered in acres of Lincoln vehicles awaiting export to China. In addition to imports of Lincoln by China, a Lincoln-China joint venture will build both MKCs and an exclusive large luxury SUV in that country commencing in 2019.

#152 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

We must be lucky...  

3 Lincoln dealers within a 10 miles radius in Ottawa, Ontario.  While we are the National Capital we barely pass the 1 million people mark.

I live just outside the downtown area and 2 of them are 15 minutes away.

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#153 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:37 PM

Beginning November 28 when the Nautilus was officially introduced at LA, I have checked every daily media review of the Nautilus posted online (USA & CDN) . I have found several inaccuracies in both the narratives and photos which can be forgiven considering the sources and the rush to get the info out to the public, e.g. errors in available engine configurations/displacement, 8-speed vs 9-speed tranny errors, MKC (rear & wheel) photos representing pics of the Nautilus, etc. However, perhaps of more interest were comments regarding the exterior refresh features. It appears that most reviewers favored the frontal & rear treatment...surprisingly (to me), no source noted that the non-symmetrical lower fascia of the 2016-2018 MKX was corrected by the symmetrical lower grill of the Nautilus. Also as expected, there were numerous comments re: the side fender/door Nautilus badging...most writers favored the badging, but there were certainly a few who eschewed the addition. Most writers simply acknowledged the new tech features without comment. There were no criticisms of Lincoln dropping the MK- aka 'Mark' model designations in favor of proper names for the Lincoln line (count me in for the latter). Most reviewers expressed disappointment that interior changes were modest.

In future reviews, I would expect most comments to be directed at performance of the 2.0 vis-a-vis the 2.3 engine decision and evaluations of the 8-speed transmission performance coupled with the 2.0 & 2.7 engines. Personally, I would welcome any impressions specifically regarding supposed NVH improvements and driving aids.

#154 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationEastern Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:33 AM

I don't imagine we'll hear/read much more until around next year at this time, especially in terms of test drive reviews.  They still have the 'old' winged model to sell between now and then.

Current: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD, Reserve, Ingot Silver on Cappuccino, 21s, Luxury, Climate, Driver Assistance, Technology, Cargo Utility, Multi-contour, Adaptive Steering

Previous: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Reserve, Luxe on Ebony and 2013 MKX AWD, Elite, Ingot Silver on Light Stone

#155 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:18 AM

The side badges are hideous in person. What were they thinking?

#156 OFFLINE   goatee

goatee

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNE Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:Edge

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:03 AM

Walkabout, I am with you.  The badges are a giant step backwards.  I could only hope they would be an optional accessory.  Please listen Lincoln!

#157 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:13 AM

I heard those were added at the last minute just for the show.   I doubt they'll make it to production.

#158 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:07 PM

I'll bet they do...and show up on other models too. The negative voices here were mostly silent in media observations.

Similar badging appears on the 2018 Navigator & Continental.

Edited by Cosmos36, 11 December 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#159 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

Nautilus. Makes me think of being trapped in a large, metal craft, while a giant squid is trying to eat me.

I Googled "Nautilus" and got "The nautilus is a pelagic marine mollusc of the cephalopod family Nautilidae, the sole extant family of the superfamily Nautilaceae and of its smaller but near equal suborder, Nautilina.

This nocturnal opportunistic feeder eats shrimp, crabs, fishes, dead animals, and occasionally another nautilus. It is believed that prey is detected by smell since the animal lacks good vision. Food is captured by its retractable tentacles and passed to its mouth where a beak-like jaw tears it into pieces."

So, that's what you want me to buy and put in my garage? While me and my family are sleeping?

Edited by enigma-2, 11 December 2017 - 04:01 PM.

#160 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:16 AM

enigma...see post #95, dream of handsome mariners in lieu of beasts, and sleep well. Suggest to the wife that dreaming 'Nauti' would not be appropriate.

BTW, Kirby's encyclopedic explanation of the Nautilus name derivation was publicly announced by Lincoln management.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·