Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2019 Lincoln Nautilus

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#41 ONLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:44 PM

The system has been available on Lincoln sedans since 2015. It's difficult to imagine that the MKX wouldn't inherit the technology by MY 2019.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:22 PM

Best I can tell pothole avoidance is all part of the standard Lincoln Ride Control/CCD so the MKX should already have it.

• thisguy159 likes this

#43 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

I have an older MKX. It has the older version called a pothole "locater". Works excellent. Must be especially tuned for recessed manhole covers as it has never missed a single one to date.
  • thisguy159, akirby and Timmer like this

#44 ONLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:31 PM

Hmmm. Ford makes world auto media headlines in 2016 with the announcement of the Fusion pothole mitigation system and we're left to ASSUME that the Lincoln MKX Ride Control/CCD suspension has the technology installed also. That would be the epitome of Lincoln Motor Company subtle advertising modesty to say the least.

• blitz118 likes this

#45 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

I'm guessing it's something the Fusion marketing team came up with. Different marketing team than Lincoln I think.

#46 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

From what I've read, it's going to be standard on the Fusion V6 Sport for 2017 and is available on the Expedition and Lincoln MKZ and MKZ. (Some European models as well). Haven't read anything for the MKX however. MKX has the basic system, all it would need are the additional sensors and computer.

Edited by enigma-2, 03 October 2017 - 03:07 PM.

#47 ONLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:05 PM

I came to the same conclusion re: the current gen of MKXs after reading an extended cross-section of sources over the weekend. Since it's rumored that the 2019 will get a modified suspension, I would hope that includes the pothole mitigation feature.

#48 OFFLINE   Timmer

Timmer

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX Reserve 3.7L AWD

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

I have an older MKX. It has the older version called a pothole "locater". Works excellent. Must be especially tuned for recessed manhole covers as it has never missed a single one to date.

Too funny! - Except when hitting a pothole, that is...

Edited by Timmer, 13 October 2017 - 08:59 AM.

#49 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:58 AM

I thought the cameras and sensors used for the pothole mitigation were the same on all CCD equipped vehicles.  But it's hard to find something definitive one way or the other on the MKX.

#50 OFFLINE   fredluke

fredluke

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOakville
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:34 AM

Spoke to my friend last night.

The 18s are going down the line with little changes except for new color choices.

He was told again there are a bunch of changes to the MKX and Edge for 19 and will see the new proto-types in Dec.  Two engineers did tell him HUD will be avail for 19 but not sure if standard equip or optional, but for sure on the BL. Also a couple of other engineering marvels which are secret and wouldn't say because my friend is low on the food chain. He used to be a foreman in "body build" but was promoted to supervisor in "final assembly".  Still not high enough. Fortunately, he does have to see vehicle design drawings well in advance to prepare for line tooling changes. He will keep an ear to the ground for me because he knows I'm considering a 19.

If NAFTA goes sideways I might not have a mole anymore!!!

• Cosmos36 likes this

#51 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

Two engineers did tell him HUD will be avail for 19 but not sure if standard equip or optional, but for sure on the BL.

Bet it's the same one currently used on
2017 Lincoln Continental. Nice, has a customizable display and based on the DLP chip from Texas Instruments, which makes the display nice and bright. As per most goodies on the MKX, it will probably only be available in a package.

You know, "OH, you want really great looking wheels, ones that don't look like the were just pulled off a Yugo?" <checkmark in the fancy exterior box, which also adds your initials laser eched in the headlight lens for a mere $2550 more>. 《Sarcasm mode off》.

Edited by enigma-2, 11 October 2017 - 02:22 PM.

#52 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

Our MKX is in the shop for service and a couple of repairs.  They gave us a Black Label MKX loaner.   I looked at the window sticker and was shocked to see the climate package, driver assistance package and technology package and enhanced security as options.   That is ludicrous.  They should be standard on Reserve much less Black Label.

The only options on a Reserve should be the Vista Roof (maybe), 22-way seats and the 19 speaker Revel audio.

#53 OFFLINE   Timmer

Timmer

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX Reserve 3.7L AWD

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

The only options on a Reserve should be the Vista Roof (maybe), 22-way seats and the 19 speaker Revel audio.

Isn't the Vista Roof standard on Reserve and Black Label trim?  If it was optional on the 2016 Reserve I wouldn't have gotten it...

#54 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

It is now.   I was saying that maybe it should be optional.

• Timmer likes this

#55 OFFLINE   cafpaf

cafpaf

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • Current Vehicle:Cadillac cts
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

I completely agree with akirby's earlier post regarding options on the Reserve model.  I have a 2017 Reserve model and I paid extra for all of those things.  I too thought it ridiculous.  Why on earth should I have to pay extra for many of  things that come standard on the basic model Toyota or Kia.  This is particularly true when it comes to updated safety features. I am sure it is a money making decision and not one that is based on the idea that this is supposed to be a LUXURY model.  I just seems odd to me.   

#56 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

Lincoln is not alone in that strategy. Everything from leather seats to paint color was extra on my bmw. This is true of most upscale vehicles (except the Asian makes).

Think of out this way: Walk into an inexpensive dinner and your meal also comes with a nice salad and dessert. If you go into a fancy restaurant, all the goodies are optional (and often overpriced). Or, stay at the Hilton and pay $15 a night for the wifi that is free at econolodge.

Edited by walkabout, 13 October 2017 - 11:02 AM.

• VisionPilot likes this

#57 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

I completely agree with akirby's earlier post regarding options on the Reserve model.  I have a 2017 Reserve model and I paid extra for all of those things.  I too thought it ridiculous.  Why on earth should I have to pay extra for many of  things that come standard on the basic model Toyota or Kia.  This is particularly true when it comes to updated safety features. I am sure it is a money making decision and not one that is based on the idea that this is supposed to be a LUXURY model.  I just seems odd to me.   

To be clear my issue was strictly an inventory problem - being able to find an in stock vehicle with the right equipment.

The price would be the same whether those items were standard or optional.  You're paying for it either way.  TANSTAAFL.

#58 OFFLINE   cafpaf

cafpaf

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • Current Vehicle:Cadillac cts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

I understand.  I just do not like it and in the long term, to me, it just does not make sense for this kind of vehicle.  If you would purchase a Lexus RX there would certainly be options, but they would be limited and not involve safety items.  I know there is a cost for everything, but if many of these items can be included in the base price of what I will call "entry level" models, the cost can not be prohibitive.  As always, it is just my opinion.  

#59 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

The Japanese brands do tend to be fully optioned, with a few model choices (at least that is true of Acura and, to some extent, Infiniti).

For a Lexus RX, safety features like rear cross traffic detection, blind spot monitoring, and parking assist are options.  You can get a bundled package that is in the range of $1800. 

If you wanted basic lux features, like Navigation or leather seats, you have to buy expensive add-on packages.

I don't necessarily consider the Lexus RX to be a competitor though since it barely has more storage room than an MKC.  And, I'm willing to bet that if you look at the demographics, the RX mostly sells to middle aged women whereas the Ford/Lincoln products appeal more to males. 

The argument you are making here might hold for a comparison between an Acura MDX and a Lincoln MKX.  But, the "you have to pay to add" theme is present in the competition for M-B, Audi, Lexus, BMW, and Volvo.  For some of those brands (like M-B and Volvo), good luck finding the optioned vehicles in any case.  Try finding an a M-B GLC with leather seats, for example. 

Just to be clear, I'd personally rather not play these games.  I like to buy vehicles loaded, so this kind of situation rarely works out for me.

#60 ONLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

Perhaps this article will solve some of the riddles surrounding the future MKX.

See https://autoprices.t...x-engine-specs/

• Timmer likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·