Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2019 Lincoln Nautilus

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   fredluke

fredluke

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOakville
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

To answer Cosmos query about engine changes for 2019...my friend at the plant said he was told the 2.3EB will replace the 3.7L in 2019. HP not confirmed.

He asked around about HUD and received nothing but rumors. Most related to BL.  He said as of right now he was told there will be interior mods and should know more in Nov. 

Not too much for now. Secrecy seems to be the MO!

• Cosmos36 likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

I'm probably hoping against hope but I'd love to see the changes to the seats include more room for the bottom. I'm not a particularly large guy and I'm not real heavy either. But, those bottom seat bolsters cut into my thighs. That and a few of the electronic gizmos (like the side obstacle detectors going of when I'm miles from anything) are the main issues that would keep me from leasing another.

Edited by walkabout, 24 September 2017 - 12:10 PM.

#23 ONLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

Agreed...totally. When I was online shopping the specs of various vehicles of interest, I noted that one review of the 2016 MKX interior was touting the two inch increase in the width of the center console. I immediately thought to myself, 'Yeah, 2 inches may be an improvement to the console width, but not if it comes at the expense of narrower front seat width'. My apprehensions were correct...without a corresponding two inch side-to-side increase of width between the driver-passenger doors, there's bound to be a resulting scenario of cramped seat cushion width to accommodate the larger console.

It remains a complaint I have related to the current MKXs. For my 6' 227 pound frame, the seat cushions are too narrow...by about an inch or two.

Edited by Cosmos36, 24 September 2017 - 03:55 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

I agree on the seat width. It bothered me at first but not any more. I just have to wiggle around a bit to get comfy but after that it's ok.

#25 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:02 AM

It's a shame. Because the narrow bottoms are one of the few misses (but a major one) in an otherwise wonderful vehicle.

#26 OFFLINE   fredluke

fredluke

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOakville

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:37 AM

There will be changes to the seats. He said that a couple of months ago. I agree with everyone. The seats are too narrow and when you inflate the sides it encroaches on the actual seat and back area instead of wrapping around your body frame.

He said the inspectors and drivers at the plant made those comments to engineering when the first MKXs rolled off the line. They also noted a small item and told engineering that there is a sharp point where the sheet metal is exposed at the rear corner where the window meets the door of the driver and passenger doors. Notable when using your hand to catch the corner of the door. Never heard of this until I checked mine, and sure enough where the trim pieces meet has to be rounded more. 

Under the hood options seems logical to me to have the 3T as an option. I think he may be wrong. He suggests that 3 engine options never happens. He was told so far 2EB and 2.7EB (HP not confirmed) 3.7 discontinued.

One thing for sure we will see it in the flesh Jan 2018 Detroit show.  That's about 3 hours from my place so I will take a look unless one hits the plant sooner. 

Edited by fredluke, 25 September 2017 - 02:10 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:06 AM

I never had an issue with narrow seats i would like the to be more bolstered, so opposite of everybody here.  I still cannot find 100% comfortable position in the car, i adjust almost daily.  Ultimately i think the sitting position is to upright as it relates to the foot box and not enough support for thighs which i know very expensive 20 something power seats would fix.

#28 OFFLINE   fredluke

fredluke

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOakville

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

Yes the 22 seats fixes everything a driver needs including the thighs, but not the entire width.

#29 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

I sure hope they fix the seats. Make the bottom two inches wider, and add a note modern transmission. Do that, and I'm leasing a another.

#30 OFFLINE   Timmer

Timmer

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX Reserve 3.7L AWD

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:32 PM

Yes the 22 seats fixes everything a driver needs including the thighs, but not the entire width.

Love, love, LOVE my 22-way massaging seats!

#31 OFFLINE   cdg

cdg

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:mkz

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:04 PM

Could you ask your friend if they will offer the Lincoln Drive Control on the FWD models, like they offer it on the MKC and MKZ?

#32 OFFLINE   fredluke

fredluke

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOakville

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

I will...but I wasn't aware that option is not available on FWD MKX vehicles? Mine is AWD because you cannot purchase FWD MKX in Canada..why? I don't know. There are lots of other vehicles avail here in FWD.

Anyway, my MKX has drive control that is tied to the ride options. The steering tightens in Sport mode. There was a setting when I first received my vehicle that did have a steering control setting separate from the ride control. It disappeared when I had service and they did an update when I had battery issues. It does amaze me as to the technology behind electric steering. I have to remind myself when driving that I am not connected to the road in anyway. Although my brain thinks I am sensing mechanical connections, it's the electric steering that generates a resistance and fluidity that mimics a connection. Maybe it's me, but I have the utmost respect for North American engineering.

Not everything that's great only comes from Germany.  

#33 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:19 PM

In the states you only get CCD with AWD model MKX. No idea why. I was planning to get it but we don't need AWD otherwise.

#34 ONLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:47 PM

In all of my MKX research prior to purchasing the vehicle, I don't recall having read the following article re: the development and function of CCD, especially the adjustability of individual 'wheel drop'.

See http://www.roadandtr...e-and-adaptive/ .

Incidentally, the pic of the MKX on the beach is looking south at Tillimook Head from the beach at Seaside Oregon. Having just returned from a condo stay there last week, I recognized the locale & view immediately.

#35 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

They did a commercial for the new Fusion Sport showing it avoiding a pothole - same system.

#36 OFFLINE   fredluke

fredluke

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOakville

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

In all of my MKX research prior to purchasing the vehicle, I don't recall having read the following article re: the development and function of CCD, especially the adjustability of individual 'wheel drop'.

See http://www.roadandtr...e-and-adaptive/ .

...that link is very interesting. I am amazed as to what is actually happening to the vehicle in real time.

#37 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

...wait are you saying the pothole avoidance in fusion is the same or similar as MKX ccd and MKX has pothole avoidance?

#38 ONLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

Good question...after a few minutes of online research, I could find NO mention of pothole mitigation relating to the MKX. Other Ford & Lincoln vehicles...yes. MKX...no.

#39 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

...wait are you saying the pothole avoidance in fusion is the same or similar as MKX ccd and MKX has pothole avoidance?

Yes.  It's part of the CCD system that Lincoln already uses.

The system will be standard on the mid-cycle refreshed version of the Ford Fusion midsize sedan when it goes on sale later this year. Ford, which already provides the pothole mitigation system on the Lincoln MKS and MKZ, says that the Fusion will be the first vehicle in its market segment in the U.S. with the technology.

Edited by akirby, 02 October 2017 - 12:12 PM.

#40 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

Oh wait - I see what you mean.  That article doesn't mention MKX specifically.   I can't imagine that it's on those and not the MKX though.

Custom Search

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·