Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lincoln Extended Warranty - Worth It?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

I started by Googling "ford extended warranty". One of them (forget which) had a box to enter a code. You click "get code" and come by email. Enter it and they dropped 5% or 10% (forget which).

Business officer was impressed that I brought in several quotes to match. Asked for copies (let him keep my printouts). He's going to look into setting up an Internet website to offer extended warranties throught the dealership. Said they could match these on-dealers prices.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:13 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but the car warranty is 5 yrs 60k miles and the addon is 2yrs 24k miles.  That is how I remember when it was offered to me, the dealer got down to $1300 for it because I kept say no...still said no.  I do not think a warranty is worth it unless it 48-60 months past the manufactures warranty.  Car with 84k in miles is still a low mileage vehicle this being 2017 not 1993 or 83 or 73.

#23 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but the car warranty is 5 yrs 60k miles and the addon is 2yrs 24k miles.  That is how I remember when it was offered to me, the dealer got down to $1300 for it because I kept say no...still said no.  I do not think a warranty is worth it unless it 48-60 months past the manufactures warranty.  Car with 84k in miles is still a low mileage vehicle this being 2017 not 1993 or 83 or 73.

On the Ford ESPs it's based on the total time and mileage.  E.g. a 7 yr 100K mile ESP is really only a 2 yr 40K mile warranty on the powertrain since the factory warranty covers the first 5 yrs/60K miles.  You do get a longer warranty on non-powertrain components (additional 5 yrs/64K miles) but note the ESP is not bumper to bumper and doesn't cover everything.   IIRC the vista roof may not be covered.    The free rental car is nice.

Just make sure you know what you're buying and what is or isn't covered and for how long.  And don't forget the factory warranty.

#24 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:57 AM

On the Ford ESPs it's based on the total time and mileage.  E.g. a 7 yr 100K mile ESP is really only a 2 yr 40K mile warranty on the powertrain since the factory warranty covers the first 5 yrs/60K miles.  You do get a longer warranty on non-powertrain components (additional 5 yrs/64K miles) but note the ESP is not bumper to bumper and doesn't cover everything.   IIRC the vista roof may not be covered.    The free rental car is nice.

Just make sure you know what you're buying and what is or isn't covered and for how long.  And don't forget the factory warranty.

Yep that sounds right it was 2 years I didn't like.

#25 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

I think some people forget about the factory warranty and just see the 7 yr/100K mile and think they're getting that much coverage which sounds like a much better deal.

And on a Lincoln it's only a 3 yr/50K mile warranty on the non-powertrain components since the Lincoln B2B is 4/50.

#26 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:33 PM

The one other elephant walking through this thread is that you can continue to purchase additional warranties after the OEM and original extended warranties expire.

Heh, not to belabor this, I received a card in the mail reminding me that my Lincoln Extended Warranty was expiring this month; and offering to extend it!

They offered a "premium" version and a "standard" version. Had the Lincoln logo on the card and talked predominantly on how this was being offered for my Lincoln and honored by all Lincoln dealerships.

So I called. Turns out its billed by the month. Very slick hustler went through all the stuff it covered (almost everything).

Here's to bottom line. It's NOT a Lincoln Warranty. It's an off brand that's using the Lincoln logo to sucker you in. Now for the good part. The best warranty cost $284/month for 36 months. That comes out to well over $10,000. (("Oh he'll yes, sign me up")). Took the card over to my local dealer and they were ~v e r r y~ interested in the company. Buyer beware.
  • richy likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·