Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Enhanced Security Package

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cafpaf

cafpaf

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • Current Vehicle:Cadillac cts
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

My vehicle has the Enhanced Security Package.  I know that the literature states that it includes the following:

• Secondary Horn

• Lockable Interior Storage

• Vehicle Inclination Sensor

• Enhanced Valet Mode

What I don't know is what exactly what are these features and how do they work.  For example:

Where or what is a secondary horn?

Where is the interior lockable storage area and how do I use it?  I have not seen it in the owner's manual.

What exactly is the Vehicle Inclination Sensor and how does it work?  Do I have to do something to set it or to use it?

Exactly what is the Enhanced Valet Mode and what do I have to do to take advantage of this feature?

I am a manual reader, but I am at a loss regarding this particular package and its features.  Any help will be sincerely appreciated.  Thanks!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   punch-card

punch-card

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSTL - O'Fallon
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

A couple of threads for you to read...

http://lincolnmkxfor...rity/#entry1729

http://lincolnmkxfor...ppen/#entry8401

416517.png

#3 OFFLINE   McRCN

McRCN

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationVA
  • Current Vehicle:Lexus

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:56 PM

A couple of threads for you to read...

http://lincolnmkxfor...rity/#entry1729

http://lincolnmkxfor...ppen/#entry8401

Those threads are on the same subject, but do not really answer his questions.

#4 OFFLINE   Ninja279

Ninja279

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2016 - MKX 2.7 (Black Label)
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

I will try and answer these:

Where or what is a secondary horn? The car has two horns; the standard and an inaccessible backup. The alarm is attached to the horn. If someone cuts the power to the primary horn in the hope it will silence the alarm a secondary horn (which is not so easily accessible) will still function with the alarm 

Where is the interior lockable storage area and how do I use it?  I have not seen it in the owner's manual.

This is the glove box, I believe if you do not have the proximity key you cannot open the box

What exactly is the Vehicle Inclination Sensor and how does it work?  Do I have to do something to set it or to use it?

An inclination sensor is triggered if the vehicle is lifted from the horizontal (someone trying to steal it by hooking up a tow truck)

Exactly what is the Enhanced Valet Mode and what do I have to do to take advantage of this feature?

I believe when set the valet mode stops the valet (or any other driver) being able to access any parts of you sync settings and the glove box.

• VisionPilot likes this

#5 OFFLINE   cafpaf

cafpaf

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • Current Vehicle:Cadillac cts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

Thank you everyone.  I do appreciate the information.  However as I said before I am old and easily confused.  I will accept the explantion of the secondary horn.  Regarding the lockable storage. Isn't the Valet mode standard and if so, what is the ENHANCED valet mode?  Also, I will buy the explanation of the Inclination Sensor.  So that leaves me not fully understanding the Lockable Storage and the Enhanced Valet Mode    If anyone can provide some additional light on the subject;  I would appreciate it.  FYI, in case it makes a difference, I have a Reserve model.

e

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·