Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dual Climate Controlled Seats - Drivers side not working

Heat/Cool Seats

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ChrisG

ChrisG

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationKitchener
  • Current Vehicle:drivers seat climate controlled seat - heater
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

The drivers side heat/cool function in my 2011 MKX has stopped functioning.  Lights show in the Sync screen, the under seat fan starts but cuts off after a few seconds.   The passenger seat works as it should.   Any experience, thoughts, ideas before I think about spending on a dealer diagnostic?  Thanks!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationOttawa
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:39 PM

To isolate the problem, you could swap the fan units around.

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#3 OFFLINE   Ninja279

Ninja279

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2016 - MKX 2.7 (Black Label)

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

Found this on another Lincoln forum, Turns out there might be a small surface mount fuse on the seat controller board.

Of course, make sure it is your fan that isn't running before you do all this.

There is a tiny surface mount fuse in the fan. I soldered a jumper on it and all works perfectly. Of course I am not responsible for you modding your fan to not have a fuse. But in reality any amount of current to pose a fire hazard would blow an upstream fuse or the climate control module. So I feel safe with it.

Once out, remove the cover. Peal off the rear label. There is a TINY circlip holding the shaft in place - you will bend it getting it out, try not to break it. Carefully keep washers from falling all over the place and remove the fan. This exposes the circuit board. You will see a red wire coming in and it goes right to the fuse marked F1. Scratch away the silicon caulk and tin the fuse with solder. Get a piece of wire and solder it over the fuse. 

Put everything back together and into the car.

#4 OFFLINE   ChrisG

ChrisG

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationKitchener
  • Current Vehicle:drivers seat climate controlled seat - heater

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:40 PM

Thank you, Ninja279 and Notmy911 - I'll get back under the seat tomorrow and scope these ideas out.   I'll post again thereafter.

#5 OFFLINE   mobbdeep1122

mobbdeep1122

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKX

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:44 PM

I'm currently having an issue on my '13 MKX when I press the icon on the touchscreen for heated and cooled seats, only 2 lights illuminate. The lights stay on for the duration of the drive, but it doesn't seem like the heat/AC is working in the seat. This is the same for both driver and passenger side.Has anyone else experienced this?

#6 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

I'm currently having an issue on my '13 MKX when I press the icon on the touchscreen for heated and cooled seats, only 2 lights illuminate. The lights stay on for the duration of the drive, but it doesn't seem like the heat/AC is working in the seat. This is the same for both driver and passenger side.Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi there - please don't keep posting this question over and over.   If nobody is responding it's because they don't know the cause.

Have you tried heat or A/C or both?  Do you hear the fans running under the seat?

#7 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

Look for a loose wire under the seat. Other than that, dealer will need to diagnose as could be defective unit or controller.

Edited by enigma-2, 16 May 2017 - 06:12 PM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·