Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Latch system

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:18 AM

Hi, any errr..seniors here have grandkids and use latch system in their car and more specifically know if we can put a seat in the middle per manufactures suggestion using the left anchor from one side and right anchor from the other.  On the off chance that there are other Lincoln drivers that are below 100 and have young kids of their own and know the answer please let me know.

I would look up the information myself but being young and lazy, I don't want to.

Thanks.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

Yes, have the seat in the middle right now in fact. Wife sits on one side, daughter of the other. Gives the both more room and grandson can see the road better. (He's become quite a backseat driver).

I use the anchors in the seats like you described, but not all car seats can be fastened this way.

If your in a hurry you can just use the center seatbelt, to strap the car seat down. Seat wiggles a little more, but not enough to come loose. When using seatbelt fastening, I will "put a knee" in the carseat to push it down harder when tightening belts. (Holds car seat more securely).

I also always use the "over the top" strap. Minor problem with the center seat is the center headrest doesn't raise up (allowing the strap to go between the headrest and seat like the side seats). So I just run the strap over the headrest to the fastener in on the back of the seat. Feel that the "over the seat" strap is important to use.

BTW, seventies is the new middle age. Ha!

Edited by enigma-2, 03 May 2017 - 11:59 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

Does Lincoln allow/approve it on the MKX?

My chair it shows can be done in the middle as long as the manufacture approves it.

#4 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:18 PM

Looks like it will work out nicely.