Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Intermittent Horn not work problem 2016

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dtlocke

dtlocke

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:Acura MDX
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:47 AM

Anyone else had intermittent problems with their horn?  Yesterday someone drifted into my lane and I found the horn was not working.  Confirmed it didn't work for the whole trip home...  This morning, it works.  Yesterday (when it wasn't working) it was raining and I'm not sure if somehow that had something to do with the issue.

Anyone else had this issue or any kind of horn problem?  I hate intermittent problems as I expect the dealer simply to say they can't find a problem...

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:59 AM

I remember reading in another forum where someone else had this problem and the dealer traced it to a faulty PCM. This is what I would suspect if the problem is intermittent. (Esp if problem resets after a restart).

Other causes (more permanent in nature) would be a faulty horn itself or (more commonplace) corrosion at the horn connector.

(I had one horn on my old Sable that had to be disconnected once a year and cleaned. Used contact cleaner and grease at last time and thst seemed to fix for good.)

#3 OFFLINE   dtlocke

dtlocke

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:Acura MDX
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:41 AM

I remember reading in another forum where someone else had this problem and the dealer traced it to a faulty PCM. This is what I would suspect if the problem is intermittent. (Esp if problem resets after a restart).

Other causes (more permanent in nature) would be a faulty horn itself or (more commonplace) corrosion at the horn connector.

(I had one horn on my old Sable that had to be disconnected once a year and cleaned. Used contact cleaner and grease at last time and thst seemed to fix for good.)

Thanks for that.  I have not been able to reproduce the problem.  I'm pretty sure, but not completely sure, I tested the horn when I got home the time I thought it wasn't working.  The car is so quiet though, and I don't know if the noise cancellation stuff might do anything, but I will say the horn is hard to hear when driving down the road!

-Dick L.

#4 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

The N.C. is not that good.  You should clearly hear it when driving.

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#5 OFFLINE   love my lincoln

love my lincoln

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

My horn is quieter than before.  It is in the dealership right now.  They said the system was defaulting to the rear horn (not the 2 in front).  Now they say it is normal, but it wasn't like that when I got the car last year.  My son has the same car and his horn is really loud.  He had a "low voltage problem" he said.  Also, didn't the alarm chirp when you set it???  I thought it did (though not loudly), but now mine makes to sound whatsoever but the lights flash.  Anyone else have this problem??

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·