Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Compliance Recall 17C02

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationEastern Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:24 AM

Thanks for the correction...

That's why I failed grade 4 and 7.  I had a beard and a mortgage in grade 8!!!!

Now you're just talking gibberish!  I'll correct you:

"That's why I failed 4th and 7th grade.  I had a beard and a mortgage in 8th grade."

Now they'll understand you!

Current: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD, Reserve, Ingot Silver on Cappuccino, 21s, Luxury, Climate, Driver Assistance, Technology, Cargo Utility, Multi-contour, Adaptive Steering

Previous: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Reserve, Luxe on Ebony and 2013 MKX AWD, Elite, Ingot Silver on Light Stone

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   fredluke

fredluke

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOakville
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Too funny...

Ooops    That was funny!

#23 OFFLINE   Ninja279

Ninja279

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2016 - MKX 2.7L, Black Label

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:00 PM

Delivered my MKX for the airbag recall; the adaptive steering warning light, and to have the Apple Car play upgrade installed.  As I had received a loaner vehicle I was OK at the end of the day when I was informed by the service rep. that everything was completed but the Car play and that would be completed the following day, but I was pissed the end of the second day when I was told by someone else that the car was still not finished because they did not have the apple play part. I told the service rep. to make sure my car was ready for pickup by 9:00am the following morning and I would do the install myself. Now imagine my surprise when I pick up my car to find Apple Play has been installed ($315:00 (should have done it myself)), but neither the Airbag replacement (service didn't realize the bag should match the interior color and all they had were black) nor the adaptive steering issue were completed (they need to order an new steering wheel assembly because of a faulty internal sensor) Tell me again why I spent the extra money for Black Label service?

#24 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:21 PM

... I pick up my car to find Apple Play has been installed ($315:00 (should have done it myself))..

Holly Caca, $65 (max) for the part and $250 to installed it!!!  That is 2 hours @ $125 an hour for an incompetent tech to install it.  

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#25 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:13 AM

I've had many experiences like that with Lincoln dealers.

#26 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

Perhaps Lincoln could consider a new advertisement, showing Matthew McConaughey sitting in a dealership waiting room, slowly waving his fingers in the air while listening to the background music, waiting for his Lincoln to be finished. Waving, waving, waving, smiling, looking blindly at the seat next to him, thinking how much fun it's going to be driving his new Lincoln again....

Edited by enigma-2, 30 April 2017 - 11:40 AM.

• VisionPilot and mosh00 like this

#27 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:01 PM

Or, they can show him bringing his car in only to find they've offered the wrong part. Or, picking up the car to find that the dealer did more damage than the car had when you first brought it in (happened to me twice).

#28 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

Dealers have some 17c02 parts in stock. They are interior color specific...check with dealer to see if your color is available or needs to be ordered. My MKX goes in at end of June...fingers are crossed that replacement is made by a competent tech with a good work ethic. This is my vehicle's first dealer visit since October 2015 purchase.

#29 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationEastern Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

Colour specific? Do we know what actually needs to be replaced as part of the recall?

I got the notice but I'm in no rush. I've only put 3,500 km on my X since taking delivery in November.

Current: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD, Reserve, Ingot Silver on Cappuccino, 21s, Luxury, Climate, Driver Assistance, Technology, Cargo Utility, Multi-contour, Adaptive Steering

Previous: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Reserve, Luxe on Ebony and 2013 MKX AWD, Elite, Ingot Silver on Light Stone

#30 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

Colour specific? Do we know what actually needs to be replaced as part of the recall?...

"...Dealers will replace the driver's frontal airbag."  Probably will come as an assembly attached to the cover of the steering wheel hub which is colour (color in US) specific.

http://healthycanadi.../62468r-eng.php

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#31 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:19 PM

Dealer performed 17c02 airbag replacement & multi-point 'health inspection' this morning...in 'n out in less than an hour with no issues. Didn't even have time to do a QC check of two Lincoln's on the sales floor & finish a cup of coffee.

QC of recent builds rates a 10. Noted that the windshield A-pillar moldings on the '17 MKXs differs somewhat from my '16, perhaps related to earlier complaints of frontal wind turbulence/noise.

#32 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

It was confirmed by a Ford Service reply to my dealer's inquiry that MKXs WITHOUT adaptive steering are exempt from the 17c02 recall.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·