Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Front License Plate Mount

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dtlocke

dtlocke

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:Acura MDX
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

So I'm getting a 2016 MKX from a state that doesn't require a front license plate, and mine does.

Has anyone installed a license plate bracket themselves, either an aftermarket or a OEM?  Easy/hard?  Doesn't seem there are instructions.

Do you think my local dealership would or should do one gratis with their logo?

Thanks!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:35 AM

... Do you think my local dealership would or should do one gratis with their logo?...

Should, I just check my printout and it was at No Charge

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#3 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:37 AM

So I'm getting a 2016 MKX from a state that doesn't require a front license plate, and mine does.

Has anyone installed a license plate bracket themselves, either an aftermarket or a OEM?  Easy/hard?  Doesn't seem there are instructions.

Do you think my local dealership would or should do one gratis with their logo?

Thanks!

They may already put one on with their advertising.  I'm pretty sure every vehicle comes with the factory bracket so they should be able to put it on for you.

#4 OFFLINE   elijahbird7

elijahbird7

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNE Illinois
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:57 AM

I bought mine in Indiana, which does not require a front plate. I live in Illinois which does. The dealership in Indiana did not have any front mounts. Since I was just there to buy the car, and head back to Illonois in a few hours, I just took care of it myself. Since I had the alternator failure at 421 miles, and was at the Ford dealer 3 miles from home to see what was wrong, I asked the parts department at that dealer if they could order a Lincoln front plate mount for me. Yes they could, and since the car would be there until the new alternator arrived, I ordered it, and it came in the same day I was to pick up the car, they just installed it for me.

#5 OFFLINE   dtlocke

dtlocke

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:32 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies.  I realize I wasn't clear, I'm buying the car used from another state and am bringing it to Texas.   So I'd be working with the local dealer (who doesn't know me yet) to do the install, or else installing one myself.

#6 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

Highly doubt your local dealer would install one gratrus, bracket costs about $45.

Normal installation requires you to position the bracket on the bumper cover. Scribe a couple of marks in the bracket holes, drill holes and attach the bracket using large aluminum pop rivets. Simple 10 minute job.
  • dtlocke likes this

#7 OFFLINE   dtlocke

dtlocke

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

Highly doubt your local dealer would install one gratrus, bracket costs about $45.

Normal installation requires you to position the bracket on the bumper cover. Scribe a couple of marks in the bracket holes, drill holes and attach the bracket using large aluminum pop rivets. Simple 10 minute job.

Hey thanks...  Just watched some "how to rivet" videos and I could do that ;-)

When the car gets here I'll see how much the dealer wants to do it and then decide...

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·