Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lexus RX

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   elijahbird7

elijahbird7

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNE Illinois
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:22 PM

I had an interesting conversation tonight at dinner with my friends who own a Lexus RX that is 7 or 8 years old. They love the vehicle, but it has just passed 100,000 miles. They would buy the same car again, but absolutely hate what has been done to the front of that vehicle..
So, either they keep what they have and hope it keeps running well, or look at other options. Can't say I like that look either.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:55 PM

The spouse & I attended the Portland International Auto Show last week. We both agreed that the Lexus front end architecture, especially the 2017 GX but continuing across the brand lineup, is absolutely hideous...rates a huge UGH! for an otherwise decent vehicle.

#3 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:33 AM

... but absolutely hate what has been done to the front of that vehicle..

I did not even bother with a test drive because of it.

Like I post before, the designer should be jailed and who ever approved it send to the firing squad...

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#4 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

We tried to look at and sit in all of the midsized utilities at the Atlanta auto show last year.   Lexus was the only one that we didn't even bother to look at.   Hideous doesn't begin to describe it.    There is only one way to describe it.....

how-to-draw-predators-face_1_00000000621

• elijahbird7, mosh00 and mightyjj like this

#5 OFFLINE   elijahbird7

elijahbird7

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNE Illinois

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

I just hope that when the MKC and MKX get the Continental front end, we won't have the same thoughts. I read somewhere that the MKC gets it for 2018, but not sure if that's true.

#6 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 747 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:40 AM

I just hope that when the MKC and MKX get the Continental front end, we won't have the same thoughts. I read somewhere that the MKC gets it for 2018, but not sure if that's true.

Some may not like it but I guarantee it won't be anywhere close to hideous like the Lexus predator grille.

#7 OFFLINE   elijahbird7

elijahbird7

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNE Illinois

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

He really likes my MKX, and he wanted to buy one before he bought the Lexus. His wife, however only likes "Foreign Brands", so you know how that ends.

#8 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:11 AM

I don't agree with you guys at all. I like the styling of the Lexus ok. It's a little different, but no biggie.

It's a disappointing vehicle in other ways. The sloped rear means no storage. If you're an active lifestyle type like me, that defeats the purpose. The handling is ungainly at best and the infotainment system is one of the worst in the industry. The engine is nice, it had good interior materials, and Lexus had great dealer support.

Unless it is about the name,I don't see why it would be on anybody's list.

#9 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:42 PM

The Lexus front is a joke imo. Have a friend who 'only' buys Lexus for he and his wife. They also decided to stay with their current cars until the they redesign the front end.

#10 OFFLINE   cafpaf

cafpaf

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • Current Vehicle:Cadillac cts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

It seems  to me that there are just two camps when it  comes to the Lexus styling.  Love it or Hate it.  There doesn't seem to be any in between.  We have a 2011 RX and would have considered another had it not been for the styling.  Sat in one but that was as far as I could go.. 

#11 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

Perhaps there's a 3rd camp. Author Shannon Alder is quoted as saying "Somewhere between love and hate lies confusion, misunderstanding and desperate hope."

#12 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

Just plain ugly...  And they are rolling it out to all their siblings.

No wonder Toyota is no longer #1 in the world; http://www.ibtimes.c...op-spot-2359588

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

#13 OFFLINE   fredluke

fredluke

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationOakville

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:44 PM

Funny...when my wife first spotted one on the road (and she never comments on any vehicles except white or yellow convertibles) she asked "what car is that?" I said Lexus...

She said "it's very ugly and looks like two arrows stuck together". She meant the feathers stuck together in opposite directions...then I got it.

• Cosmos36 likes this

#14 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

Hmmm. Re: VW displacing top dog Toyota...interesting! I've owned one Toyota (1968 Crown, 6 cyinder 3M...an excellent car when Detroit's offerings were so poorly assembled). Never owned a VW product...never will regardless of scandal.

• punch-card likes this

#15 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

It seems  to me that there are just two camps when it  comes to the Lexus styling.  Love it or Hate it.  There doesn't seem to be any in between.  We have a 2011 RX and would have considered another had it not been for the styling.  Sat in one but that was as far as I could go.. 

I'm in neither camp.  To me, the styling is OK.  It looks a little like a Nissan Murano to be honest.

The bigger issue to me is that the styling destroys visibility (which is even more horrendous than the MKX) and eliminates cargo space.  The RX is no bigger inside than SUVs that are full size class down (like the X3).  Also, the older RXs had very carelike handling.  The new one feels ungainly to me.

#16 OFFLINE   McRCN

McRCN

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationVA
  • Current Vehicle:Lexus

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

I had an interesting conversation tonight at dinner with my friends who own a Lexus RX that is 7 or 8 years old. They love the vehicle, but it has just passed 100,000 miles. They would buy the same car again, but absolutely hate what has been done to the front of that vehicle..
So, either they keep what they have and hope it keeps running well, or look at other options. Can't say I like that look either.

I have the same issue as your friend.  Hands down my RX is the best vehicle I have ever owed.  Service at my Lexus Dealer is excellent.  Drop off my car and the service manager has keys ready and I am out the door in a new Lexus loaner within minutes of arriving.  However, I just cannot get excited about the new RX.  I am not crazy about the styling and the mouse concept they use for the operating system is awful.  Lexus does not have Car Play either and does not appear to be interested in offering this feature.  

I really like the MKX, but we only have a Ford/Lincoln dealer in my area and it is out of the way from where I live or work.  I did stop by there a few months ago and drove a MKX.  I asked about their loaner car program.  I got a funny look about it from the salesperson.  Sounded like you had to have a serious issue to get one.  Lexus will give me a loaner for an oil change.  I have never waited in their waiting room in all these years.  

I had written off the MKX until I just recently went to our local annual auto show.  The MKX was my favorite vehicle there, so here I am again.  I just cannot decide about purchasing one or not.  

#17 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:35 PM

Lincoln gives you a loaner for any problem within warranty and for their provided service. After that, most Lincoln dealers give lifetime loaners if you bought the car there.

It's on par with Lexus.

I just saw the rx at a trailhead this morning. I like the styling ok. Don't love it, but it wouldn't be a secondary at all.

Call me nuts.

#18 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:33 PM

...  Call me nuts.

Nuts...  :)  

• VisionPilot likes this

#19 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

Lexus Design and the Chief Designer

Attached Files

#20 OFFLINE   Rick65inlosangeles

Rick65inlosangeles

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX, 1986 Lincoln Mark VII, 1971 Lincoln Mark III, 1968 Mercury Park Lane Brougham

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

The design department must have loved the 1961 Plymouth.  History repeats itself. 

Attached Files

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·