Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Sync 3 Firmware update to V2.26 this month (Jan 2017)

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   Buzz12

Buzz12

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationLouisville
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

I was finally able to download the new software and install it. It was actually very easy.

The only thing I couldn't do was to confirm the update to Lincoln.

After selecting the .xml file to verify update, this is what shows up in the box to be sent to Lincoln.

C:\fakepath\Sync_WV1L007D_2LMTJ8LP2GBL55343.xml

I can't believe the C;\fakepath should be part of this?

Now I am not sure if it actually went through although it did say update successful and lists version 2.2.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#162 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

Fakepath is normal - it's a safety measure.   The website will catch up  eventually.   You can try using the "check for update" feature to hurry it up.

#163 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationChicago
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

Now that AA/CP are here what is next? 

I'm hoping for integration of AA/CP to our instrument panel and actual good use of the color screens and show artwork and map.  At the very least the can do that on Sync itself and not necessary through AA/CP.

#164 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:59 AM

Although I mostly love Sync 3, the handling of music is clunky. I think it needs a preset screen. My bmw had one screen where you could gather all your posts from different sources. That meant I didn't need to do a lot of clicking and scrolling to get from one back of presets to the other.

#165 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 747 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

Although I mostly love Sync 3, the handling of music is clunky. I think it needs a preset screen. My bmw had one screen where you could gather all your posts from different sources. That meant I didn't need to do a lot of clicking and scrolling to get from one back of presets to the other.

If you're talking about having up to 18 presets on one screen I agree.   There is plenty of room.   If you're talking about different sources on one screen you'll have to describe that in more detail.

#166 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

My bmw let you mix sirrius and fm presets on one screen, so you never had to switch sources.
  • mosh00 likes this

#167 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 747 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

My bmw let you mix sirrius and fm presets on one screen, so you never had to switch sources.

Now that would be handy along with buttons for other sources on the same screen.   One button would get you a Sirius station, FM or AM station, USB, Bluetooth or CD.

#168 OFFLINE   Grillmaster75

Grillmaster75

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBrookfiled WI

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

Finally had the dealer force the update. Lost the WIFI settings which was easy to reload. Lost the Bluetooth connection to the phone which is a b_tch. took numerous attempts to delete the phone as it shows it is connected but it is not; no contacts, no way to dial out, ETC. confirmed the phone (LG V20) is working as I paired the phone with my laptop, and another phone and another car. rebooted the phone several times, in the car, out of the car, with the car on and off ETC. So the best conclusion I can come up with is the car Bluetooth sync isn't working.
Ideas? right now it will be back to the dealer when I get a chance.

I have to say this is one annoying system as when I bought the car there where issues but those cleared up. Couldn't get the updates to work, but WIFI has been no problem. the wife's 2017 CRV has been flawless, but admittedly a little less functionality. what good are functions that don't work well?
Chris

#169 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 747 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

Master Reset should fix the phone problem.

#170 OFFLINE   Grillmaster75

Grillmaster75

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBrookfiled WI

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

actually we have now tried at the dealer a master reset (multiple times) detaching the battery for 10 minutes and deleting all current Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. didn't work. so we tried to pair my phone with a car on the showroom floor, wouldn't pair. when it does pair it shows no contacts and won't call out, etc. so it really isn't paired. basically the MKX phone screen is locked as well. so I went to Verizon and luckily a worker had a V20 so we went to my car and it paired!!! From there we applied 2 different resets on the phone the last being the nuclear option - total reset. nothing worked. the car recognizes the phone the phone won't pair. so a new phone is on the way. If not for the workers phone pairing, I would be skeptical, but it is the last resort. assuming it pairs I will be one thankful dude, and I owe Lincoln a crap load of sorry's for thinking it was the car. Sorry's I will be happy to pass out. they spent a lot of time trying to fix this.
keep your collective fingers crossed.

#171 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:34 AM

actually we have now tried at the dealer a master reset (multiple times) detaching the battery for 10 minutes and deleting all current Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. didn't work. so we tried to pair my phone with a car on the showroom floor, wouldn't pair. when it does pair it shows no contacts and won't call out, etc. so it really isn't paired. basically the MKX phone screen is locked as well. so I went to Verizon and luckily a worker had a V20 so we went to my car and it paired!!! From there we applied 2 different resets on the phone the last being the nuclear option - total reset. nothing worked. the car recognizes the phone the phone won't pair. so a new phone is on the way. If not for the workers phone pairing, I would be skeptical, but it is the last resort. assuming it pairs I will be one thankful dude, and I owe Lincoln a crap load of sorry's for thinking it was the car. Sorry's I will be happy to pass out. they spent a lot of time trying to fix this.
keep your collective fingers crossed.

Hope you got the G6 instead of v20.

Edited by thisguy159, 08 April 2017 - 10:34 AM.

#172 OFFLINE   Grillmaster75

Grillmaster75

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBrookfiled WI

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:38 AM

forgot to mention a Lincoln support rep was excellent (yes, excellent) with details on how to do a soft reset (radio power botton and forward scan key held down simultaneously) as well as a key reboot (more detailed) neither of which worked. their number is 1-8--=392-3673 #3.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·