Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Temperature Controlled Seats

Interior seats heated seats

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ChicagoGal

ChicagoGal

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationChicago
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:11 PM

Hi there! My first time posting on a forum so please pardon any poor etiquette signs... I brought my '07 Lincoln MKX into the dealer to finally get my temperature controlled seats fixed -- they just stopped working all of a sudden. Diagnostics came back saying the seat module and filter needed to be replaced. The dealer ordered the duct and filter and replaced the heated seat module as per workshop manual and determined the heated seats operated normally. When I picked it up, they surely did work. However after a few days of using the heated seat controls on and off, the controls stopped working again. The lights would come on and then after 5 seconds turn off. I brought it back to the dealer certain that this was a mistake on their end. They ran diagnostics and determined that the module to work the modules overheated and fried. This led them to also state that even though they have no idea why it fried, that the problem was independent of the original repair and would therefore cost me parts and labor for the fix (~$600). I feel like I'm in a catch-22. I just dropped $750 to repair the modules in the seats. If I don't pony up the money to repair the module to the modules, then that $750 would have been spent for nothing! I'm quite skeptical and will bring it somewhere to get a second opinion. My questions are: Where should I bring it to for a second opinion? Does this sound like the problem could really in fact be independent from the repair? And if so, what could cause the module to fry? Thanks!!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 880 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

They must be referring to the HVAC module which turns the seat module on/off.  Sounds like they misdiagnosed the problem originally resulting in the replacement seat module failing again but that will be hard to prove definitively.   I would talk to the service manager first and tell them you feel they misdiagnosed the problem originally and that you shouldn't have to pay for two seat modules.   If they refuse take it to the owner or the BBB.   Worst case pay it and take them to small claims court.  You'd have a strong (but not open and shut) case.

• ChicagoGal likes this

#3 OFFLINE   ChicagoGal

ChicagoGal

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationChicago
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:00 PM

Thank you for that. When they ran the original diagnostic test, the scanner brought up the codes and pinpointed the malfunctioning parts. At that point, I knew there was a problem because the control switches would stay lit, but no heat or cooling would take effect. The system did work again when they repaired it, but now the control switches won't even stay lit/on leading me to think they messed up on the programming of the new module. Not sure if that could cause the HVAC module to overheat. I guess I'm most curious as to why the system would overheat in the first place. Seems like the dealer should be able to provide me with that answer, but they didn't.

#4 OFFLINE   Lisa

Lisa

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationJacksonville
  • Current Vehicle:MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

I hired an attorney for this cooling seat issue in my 2016 mkx. If interested in his contact info. let me know. I am past distgusted.

#5 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 880 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

I hired an attorney for this cooling seat issue in my 2016 mkx. If interested in his contact info. let me know. I am past distgusted.

So what is the problem - they don't cool at all or they just don't cool as much as you would like?

If it's the former then that's a warranty repair - take it to the dealer.

If it's the latter the attorney won't be able to help because it does work as advertised.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·