Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Using FORScan to 'tweak' the X

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

Adam I figured you may like this photo. It's from a 17 Z. Instrument cluster has better layout than what we have in our 16 X. I like how it shows digital reading in center part and temp near top right.

Strange tires pressure ratio!!!

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   mfam16

mfam16

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth East

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

Absolutely! It was a loaner so I didn't worry about it

#43 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
  • LocationEastern Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:22 AM

Adam I figured you may like this photo. It's from a 17 Z. Instrument cluster has better layout than what we have in our 16 X. I like how it shows digital reading in center part and temp near top right.

I REALLY love the speedo readout there! Unfortunately I think you have to load an instrument cluster firmware that wasn't meant for the vehicle. Much trickier than using Forscan to turn things on and off.

Current: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD, Reserve, Ingot Silver on Cappuccino, 21s, Luxury, Climate, Driver Assistance, Technology, Cargo Utility, Multi-contour, Adaptive Steering

Previous: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Reserve, Luxe on Ebony and 2013 MKX AWD, Elite, Ingot Silver on Light Stone

#44 OFFLINE   VisionPilot

VisionPilot

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationMidwest
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve AWD

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

Finally went ahead and ordered a USB ODB II interface and downloaded the Forscan software.  The adapter should arrive tomorrow.  Can't wait to see what it can do!

#45 OFFLINE   punch-card

punch-card

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSTL - O'Fallon

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

Make sure your Antivirus and Malware is up to date.  And if your windshield wiper start running for no apparent reason, abandon ship :lol:

Edited by punch-card, 28 March 2017 - 02:35 PM.

• VisionPilot likes this

416517.png

#46 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

Ummmm wondering if the "bad hombres" would be able to sync up with a wireless OBD II that had been left plugged in, while left unattended in a parking lot?

#47 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
  • LocationEastern Ontario

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

Finally went ahead and ordered a USB ODB II interface and downloaded the Forscan software.  The adapter should arrive tomorrow.  Can't wait to see what it can do!

Hi VP,

Sorry it took a while to respond... I haven't spent too much time here at all in the last few months - too many negative-Nellies for my liking lurking around late last year.  Let us know how you make out.

• VisionPilot and mosh00 like this

Current: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD, Reserve, Ingot Silver on Cappuccino, 21s, Luxury, Climate, Driver Assistance, Technology, Cargo Utility, Multi-contour, Adaptive Steering

Previous: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Reserve, Luxe on Ebony and 2013 MKX AWD, Elite, Ingot Silver on Light Stone

#48 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

too many negative-Nellies

Several years ago over on blue oval forums we coined the term "negatard" .......

• Adam likes this

#49 OFFLINE   VisionPilot

VisionPilot

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:47 AM

So, after obtaining my OBD II adapter, and having an excuse to look for the car's plug in, it appears there's no cover on it, it just hangs open below the left side of the dash, almost straight down from the headlight knob, is this normal?  In my '14 Focus, there was a cover that hid the plug.

#50 OFFLINE   mosh00

mosh00

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationIowa

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:46 AM

So, after obtaining my OBD II adapter, and having an excuse to look for the car's plug in, it appears there's no cover on it, it just hangs open below the left side of the dash, almost straight down from the headlight knob, is this normal?  In my '14 Focus, there was a cover that hid the plug.

There was no cover on mine.  

I've been enjoying having the heated steering wheel button on the Home screen for a couple of months now.  It's so much more convenient than having to go into the climate screen to turn it on and off.  

I also turned on the digital speedometer.  That's nice to have when driving around town.  I say that because with either adaptive cruise on and/or lane keeping on, which I typically use when on the highway, it isn't available.  I just wish Ford/Lincoln would release the upgraded cluster firmware for the 16's so that we could have the digital speedometer in the center display.  Doesn't seem like it would be that big a deal to upgrade the firmware. 

• Adam likes this

2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

2.7L EcoBoost - AWD - White Platinum Metallic (Exterior) - Hazelnut (Interior) - Luxury Package - Driver Assistance Package - Technology Package - Climate Package - Cargo Utility Package - 22-Way Adjustable Seats - Trailer Tow Package - Adaptive Steering - Inflatable Rear-Seat Belts - Enhanced Security Package - 21" Premium Painted Aluminum Rims

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

#51 OFFLINE   VisionPilot

VisionPilot

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:46 AM

There was no cover on mine.  

I've been enjoying having the heated steering wheel button on the Home screen for a couple of months now.  It's so much more convenient than having to go into the climate screen to turn it on and off.  

I also turned on the digital speedometer.  That's nice to have when driving around town.  I say that because with either adaptive cruise on and/or lane keeping on, which I typically use when on the highway, it isn't available.  I just wish Ford/Lincoln would release the upgraded cluster firmware for the 16's so that we could have the digital speedometer in the center display.  Doesn't seem like it would be that big a deal to upgrade the firmware. 

I'm going to PM you, and make sure that the info I have for making these changes, matches what you did, if you don't mind?

• mosh00 likes this

#52 ONLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

Just FYI, I noted today that a FORScan tutorial, a popular sticky on the F150forum.com posted less than two months ago, has been viewed 1,010,706 times and has received 7,709 replies...amazing forum participation.

#53 OFFLINE   Kchill1

Kchill1

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationLawrenceville

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:35 AM

Adam can you post the settings you used to get all the magic you found to happen for the rest of us. Thanks.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·