Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lincoln Loaner reviews

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

Sync 3 has its issues.  I hate the handling of radio presets so you have three separate panels for Sirius and three separate panels for FM.  In my BMW, you had one screen for presents, you could load any source on that screen too.  So, you just had one button to push to get to all the stations you might listen to.  Way more sensible. 

I would also say that Sync 3, although powerful and intuitive, is not very attractive looking.

Its a good system, no doubt, but not perfect. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#62 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:41 AM

Not a Lincoln loaner but a vehicle I cross shopped the mkx against. I am in NJ Philly are this week and got Acadia SLT. Not a real competitor but the price gets up there near the 50s. Boy am I glad I don't wait ...What a disapiotment I loved the previous gen and found the current one to be down in quality and overall feel. Sitting in it was similar to what a Grand Cherokee feels like in width and the sitting position is similar to what you get in a minivan. Acceleration is fine similar to mkx 3.7 6 speed too. I looked at the GC MDX Acadia SRX Torague envision and rx. A few of these were not yet out when I bought the mkx so I was worried I would regret my decision and boy am I glad I bought mkx each one of the vehicles disappoints.

#63 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

The new Acadia is based on the XT5.

I actually like it better than the xt5 because it had way better visibility

#64 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

The new Acadia is based on the XT5.
I actually like it better than the xt5 because it had way better visibility

Sure but both vehicles are completely different.

#65 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

Got a 2016 mustang convertible...I have one wish that the sport on the mkx mimic the trans shifting on the mustang.
  • enigma-2 likes this

#66 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

Last week had a 2017 edge....nice car some interesting storage options that could benefit mkx. Interestingly enough back of the front seat cooled better but still not great.

This week have 2017 mkx reserve. Not much changed obviously. Then infotainment system is slightly different. Home screen now shows buttons for heated/cooled seats same goes for the climate screen. There is a digital speedometer now...yay(sarcasm). The vents by the sunglasses holder is slightly different. Sunroof will slightly close when at speed to stop buffeting kinda annoying that it will not stay completely open whats the point. Similar to the way mkz 2016 worked in that matter. Oh and btw cooled seats still work like shit on the back of the front seats.

Finally not sure if just placebo effect but it seems that the trans is TC are tuned slightly differently where it gives more power during turns as opposed to comp throttling back. And finely the vent handles are rubberized now instead of just plastic.

Btw love Waze on AA.

Attached Files

• enigma-2, punch-card and VisionPilot like this

#67 OFFLINE   tberg

tberg

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Jaguar XKR, Buick Enclave, De Tomaso Pantera, '68 GTO, '78 Datsun 280Z, 1958 Corvette

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

Had a 2017 MKZ for a week while our 2016 MKX was waiting for the recall airbag part.  Impression was that it was essentially the car version of the MKX.  Interior is about the same even though it wasn't as fully optioned as our car.  Certainly pleasant enough.  The local dealership was very accommodating and informed us of the timetable of the repair on several occasions, overall a very good experience.

#68 OFFLINE   Ninja279

Ninja279

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2016 - MKX 2.7L, Black Label
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:55 PM

From the MKX 2017 changes; I'd like the sync software update for the new home screen controls on my 2016. Other than that nothing to write home about

#69 OFFLINE   cafpaf

cafpaf

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • Current Vehicle:Cadillac cts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

Had the car in for service last week and had a Black Label 2017 for a few days.  Just let me say that I am glad that I have the Reserve model.  My loaner had the Technology package and that 360 degree camera and the accompanying sound warnings drove me crazy.  Even in a mall parking spot, they were there as well as just pulling into my garage.  Also, the split screen with the 360 degree view left a small normal view that was difficult to see.  I know that much of this may be due to my lack of knowledge as to how to use or set the system up but it just was not for me.  I did not get a chance to try out the self parking feature, and I am sorry that I at least did not try it.  On the surface it seems like a cool idea.  (Although I doubt I would use it very much at all.)  Finally, I just can not make the value analysis work for the increased cost of a Black Label vehicle verses my Reserve model.   As usual, just one man's thoughts.  

#70 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 794 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:35 AM

I don't understand the issue with the camera display - seems to work fine on ours and the top down 360 view is very helpful when maneuvering around other vehicles and curbs.

I agree on the parking warnings - I wish they could be permanently disabled via the menu.  We have to constantly turn ours off.   It will go off in the middle of a road with no traffic to our left or right - just an empty lane.

#71 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

2019 should, not say it will but to compete should, get wide screen option maybe they can fit a 10 in screen which would help with the split screen.  That said, i am continually impressed with the screen and backup camera quality and this coming from a person in different car every couple of weeks.  If i did want to pick at something on the camera/screen side is that there is no washer for it, it does get dirty pretty easily based on its placement.

#72 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

I had a 360° couple of loaners back, loved it. It's real technology that's worth the (high) price.
  • Timmer likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·