Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lincoln Loaner reviews

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:37 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to say "completely shit" but I got your point. In general, Lincoln interior materials are a few notches below the competition and don't feel very premium. In some ways, I even prefer the basic Ford layouts.

I still think the MKZ is competitive with more expensive vehicles in other regards (like handling and ride). Its not a bad car, just needs a little more interior polish.

I'm actually pretty happy with the interior (reserve mkx) when comparing like vehicles mdx Acadia Rx. As far as mkz nice vehicle with a cramped back seat.

Edited by thisguy159, 29 November 2016 - 05:40 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:27 PM

I like it better than all those interiors you list, to be honest.

I don't think it compares well with German competition or ever Caddy. 

Sync 3 is way nicer than CUE or COMMAND though, so maybe that makes up for it. 

#43 OFFLINE   VisionPilot

VisionPilot

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationMidwest
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve AWD
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:47 AM

I'm in yet another loaner while my X is getting a new steering wheel assembly to resolve my failed adaptive steering functionality.  This is a 2015 MKC, bare bones.... no lane keeping, no proximity sensors, front wheel drive, standard suspension, hard leather seats, etc.  It drives completely differently than the other MKC's I've had as loaners.... it is an extremely harsh, bumpy ride.  Really surprised they would put a Lincoln emblem on this thing.  It is relatively quiet, and fairly solid, just seems overly damped, and stiff.

#44 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:11 AM

I really wish they would stop building those stripper base models.  Just get a loaded Escape for the same cost.  In my opinion the equipment level of a base mkc or mkx should start with the base Ford Titanium equipment except for true options like the vista roof, cold weather pkg, wheels, etc that not everybody would want.

Edited by akirby, 18 January 2017 - 09:11 AM.

• VisionPilot, Timmer and walkabout like this

#45 OFFLINE   VisionPilot

VisionPilot

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationMidwest
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve AWD

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

I really wish they would stop building those stripper base models.  Just get a loaded Escape for the same cost.  In my opinion the equipment level of a base mkc or mkx should start with the base Ford Titanium equipment except for true options like the vista roof, cold weather pkg, wheels, etc that not everybody would want.

Totally agree !

#46 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:30 AM

Totally agree.

Actually, I think a larger issue in general is differentation of the lines. I say in a loaded escape last week and see much of the same switchgear that is in my loaded reserve.
  • VisionPilot likes this

#47 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:32 AM

I'm in yet another loaner while my X is getting a new steering wheel assembly to resolve my failed adaptive steering functionality.  This is a 2015 MKC, bare bones.... no lane keeping, no proximity sensors, front wheel drive, standard suspension, hard leather seats, etc.  It drives completely differently than the other MKC's I've had as loaners.... it is an extremely harsh, bumpy ride.  Really surprised they would put a Lincoln emblem on this thing.  It is relatively quiet, and fairly solid, just seems overly damped, and stiff.

I've mostly been impressed with the mkc. Feels more like a small wagon than a crossover, which I like.

#48 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

Switchgear doesn't bother me provided it's a good design and feel to begin with and doesn't look or feel cheap.  E.g I don't see any reason to change the headlamp dial.

#49 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:05 AM

I don't see any reason to change the headlamp dial either. In fact, if they did, I'd be annoyed. I hate when tried and true tech gets replaced with something less efficient just to be different (like the glove box button I hate).

The jog switches on the steering wheel to control the little tft menus were obviously designed for lower level vehicles that don't have sync 3. All of that should be integrated into sync 3 and the dials should simply be a handy way of accessing the system. If that was designed for a Lincoln and not lifted from the parts bin, it would all work better.

Also, many of the dials and switches are somewhat cheap feeling from a tactile perspective. Sit in an Audi or bmw and you'll see what I mean.

Minor gripes, obviously.

#50 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

The jog switches on the steering wheel to control the little tft menus were obviously designed for lower level vehicles that don't have sync 3. All of that should be integrated into sync 3 and the dials should simply be a handy way of accessing the system. If that was designed for a Lincoln and not lifted from the parts bin, it would all work better.

Can you expand on that?   You mean the directional pads on the steering wheel?   How could you make them better?

#51 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:57 PM

All the vehicle settings on the left side should be pull down settings in sync. The little optional screens, like the awd graphic should be easy easier to reach. The drive mode settings are ridiculous, taking the clicks to reach.

The right dial often functions independent from sync and the clicks needed to get from one grouping of presets to the next is silly.

Both dials feel cheap and don't have a nice tactile quality.

#52 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:07 PM

I thought the left screen/d-pad was for vehicle functions outside of sync 3 and the right screen/d-pad was for sync 3 functions (entertainment, nav, phone)?

#53 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

Consider a system like BMW's iDrive - you can set all the vehicle settings (including basically all safety features) through intuitive on-screen menus.  That is way easier than that goofy jog dial.  The reason vehicle settings aren't better integrated into SYNC 3 is that the entire system is setup assuming that it has to work in a Focus or Escape.  That is, drivers will have the job dial but not Sync.  If it was a Lincoln specific product (like iDrive is BMW specific), you'd assume everybody has it and then you would not really need to farm things out to a less user friendly jog dial.

the right dial does control entertainment but the dial and sync 3 are not completely integrated.  I'll mess with it tonight to come up with some concrete examples.

#54 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

What the heck is a "jog dial"?  Are you talking about the D-pad (directional pad)?

#55 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

Yes.

#56 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

On another note, we just got a 2015 MKC 2.3LEB loaner.   What a little rocket ship!  Interior space is much better than the Escape.  Rear seat space is tight but otherwise I really like it.  I would have preferred the 2.3LEB in the MKX over the 3.7L.   Love the low end torque just like my 2.0LEB Fusion.

#57 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

Yes.

I do think the menus could be easier to use/more logical.   And I would like to see Lincoln do something more upscale.  But the d-pads don't bother me.

#58 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:18 PM

That's a fair take.

Its not a deal breaker by any means, and IMO, the general smoothness of Sync 3 more than makes up for it.

#59 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:46 PM

Agreed.

#60 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:45 PM

My wife just got Murano platinum with their infotatemet...I never tried Nissan's. What a joke sync 3 even if it stayed a v1 is awesome. So clean and intuitive. Chrysler though just as quick so busy looking and inconsistent. Chevy is in the middle there somewhere between those two. Honda too, test drove 2017 CR-V also their system stinks and looks ugly. It seems that all my future car purchases will be greatly influenced by what is in the dash.

Edited by thisguy159, 20 January 2017 - 06:46 PM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·