Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lincoln Loaner reviews

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   rst08tierney

rst08tierney

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUSA
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:04 AM

Walkabout, I'm assuming you are a smaller-framed individual. I'm over six feet with an imposing build, and I simply could not get comfortable in the C. My left elbow fell a few inches behind the armrest, my right foot kept hitting the console when I would go from brake to gas. The left bolster on the seat made my leg go to sleep during the test drive. With the 2.3 it was quite go-cart like but it was buzzy.

All in all, glad I held out for the MKX.

I'm 6'3, the MKC was just not made for tall people

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 794 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:34 AM

I'm surprised there was turbo lag on the 2.0.  I have the older version in my Fusion and it's really peppy right off the line - no discernible lag at all.  It does run out of steam at higher rpm though.

#23 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:08 AM

Yeah, I'm only 5'10". I often have had ruin issues because the height is all in my torso. But, legroom is never a factor.

Curious, do you find the mkx's seats confining? They are rather narrow.

#24 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:12 AM

Akirby, I drove a mkz with the 2.0t two weeks back. I did not experience any lag. Didn't get it up to high rpm much.

The mkc is a but heavier though and, at least in the fwd version (mine had the base tires too)it might nut get pier to the ground as efficiently.

I like the fusion a lot. One of my favorite vehicles in the segment.

Edited by walkabout, 08 November 2016 - 11:13 AM.

#25 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationEastern Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:13 AM

^ yes, a bit narrow due to their width, but 9 times out of 10 I am able to center myself within the side bolsters.  Let me put it this way, the bottom cushion bolsters are completely deflated in my multi-contour!  One thing I am noticing about the upgraded seats is that I feel that I'm sitting up higher in the seat than the standard ones, even though it's lowered to the floor as much as possible.  I was fiddling with the settings this morning and found myself staring out of the very top of the windshield, but had only raised the back portion a small amount.

Current: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD, Reserve, Ingot Silver on Cappuccino, 21s, Luxury, Climate, Driver Assistance, Technology, Cargo Utility, Multi-contour, Adaptive Steering

Previous: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Reserve, Luxe on Ebony and 2013 MKX AWD, Elite, Ingot Silver on Light Stone

#26 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:17 AM

I guess I don't remember the standard seats to well. I do think the 22 way seats are somewhat overrated though.

#27 OFFLINE   shoeguy

shoeguy

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationTORONTO
  • Current Vehicle:2016 LINCOLN MKX RESERVE

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:24 AM

Just brought in my X for a myriad of electronic and other issues. They gave me a 16 Flex SEL has 41000 klm on it.  Must say that this car built in the same factory is as quiet or quieter than my X and much softer riding, also has a more solid feel to it somehow. This is all about how a car is engineered and able to be put together and built , when discussing fit and finish and how it feels to drive. Wonder if the MKT is the same , or if this is the old Ford is easier to screw together than a Lincoln on the same chassis.

#28 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
  • LocationEastern Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:06 AM

I have always liked the flex, but its interior seems a bit dated to me and some options I have come to enjoy are just not available.  I hear it's a monster when equipped with the 3.5 turbo, probably quicker than the turbo MKX.

Current: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD, Reserve, Ingot Silver on Cappuccino, 21s, Luxury, Climate, Driver Assistance, Technology, Cargo Utility, Multi-contour, Adaptive Steering

Previous: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Reserve, Luxe on Ebony and 2013 MKX AWD, Elite, Ingot Silver on Light Stone

#29 OFFLINE   shoeguy

shoeguy

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationTORONTO
  • Current Vehicle:2016 LINCOLN MKX RESERVE

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:28 AM

I had a flex limited in 2009 when they first came out , was fully equipped with all the toys. Loved the car , wife hated it. Was very nice at the time , not so much now with all the dcontenting they have done. It was very quiet and smooth drive, great highway cruiser.

#30 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:08 PM

The Flex is an innovative vehicle - there still isn't anything like it on the road.

I do feel like it may be a bit to large to be practical in urban areas though.  So, its a niche vehicle. 

#31 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:53 PM

Just got the 2017 mkz as a rental with sync 3 2.0. Regarding the car, basically the same as before with uglier front end. The big change is the new switch gear which looks good or more premium but completely shit in real life not much unlike the 2016 mkx/mkz etc with respect to quality. Now its poor quality but with Lincoln design. The new center console hvac controls are about the same as 2016 in quality but adds a little extra functionality. Really disappointing considering that interacting with those bit is constant and good tactile feel a la apple products makes such a huge difference for the cars and the parts are so simple and small. Extra 100 to the starting price and issue solved. One other thing there is a new key fob and the key can be removed with a button press as opposed to spliting the case. Good change but they made the fing fob twice as big it's huge and its stupid.

Edited by thisguy159, 29 November 2016 - 04:33 PM.

• enigma-2 and VisionPilot like this

#32 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

Totally agree with you.

#33 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 794 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:07 PM

They changed the front end?

#34 OFFLINE   VisionPilot

VisionPilot

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationMidwest
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve AWD

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:47 AM

I'm confused too.  Looking at the '17s on the Lincoln website, I can not detect any difference in the front end between the '16 MKX and the '17 MKX.  Also, looking at the gallery pics and 360 degree views, no discernible interior changes either.

#35 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:31 AM

I'm sorry. I was agreeing about not liking some of the switch gear in the 2017 mkz. The 2017 mkx is identical in nearly every regard to the 2016. I sat in one at the autoshow. Some new colors and wider availability of adaptive steering. That's about it.

The mkz had some odd material choices. Lots of fake leather that looks kind of stuck on. Great car from a vehicle dynamics perspective though.

Edited by walkabout, 29 November 2016 - 11:33 AM.

#36 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

Yeah was referring to mkz didn't specify that.

#37 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to say "completely shit" but I got your point.  In general, Lincoln interior materials are a few notches below the competition and don't feel very premium.  In some ways, I even prefer the basic Ford layouts.

I still think the MKZ is competitive with more expensive vehicles in other regards (like handling and ride).  Its not a bad car, just needs a little more interior polish.

#38 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 794 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:51 PM

Only the base model gets soft touch seats which I assume is the "fake" leather?   Premiere and Reserve get bridge of weir leather.  Just like bmw and Mercedes.

#39 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:14 PM

For me, the issue is not about the seats.  In fact, I think the leather in my MKX is on par with the BMW I recently sold.

I'm talking about the dash, the side panels, etc.  All over the car there is pleather and cladding with sheets of pseudo-materials.  Its not hard plastic, but its pretty unattractive stuff. 

I know that there aren't that many FWD upscale sedans, but most of the ones that are out there (ILX/TLX, ES350) don't have vehicle dynamics that are comparable to the MKZ.  

With better materials and some improvements in interior build quality, that vehicle could really sell.. 

#40 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:31 PM

The Select Plus (101A) package which I have also gets the Bridge of Weir leather seating. When doing a Price and Build it's easy to confuse the standard (Premier trim) Soft Touch seating terminology with the Deepsoft name for Bridge of Weir leather seating in other trim levels. Also, in Lincoln brochures a reference to 'luxury' leather refers to Bridge of Weir leather.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·