Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2016 Lincoln MKX Production Timing

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

Earlier today I communicated with the Oakville (Ontario) News inquiring as to whether MKX production had commenced as projected on April 27. The news service replied that they were "currently speaking with Ford about the MKX-please stay tuned."

• boilerhawk14 likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   Phil M

Phil M

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Current Vehicle:Mercedes SL-400
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

When you hear about when Job One is, please post it here -   

#43 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:09 PM

A production (Job 1) date for the MKX at Oakville remains hidden in a media blackout, but a widely circulated media statement on February 26 by Ford's regional production manager referred to "retail production" occurring after the summer break which normally occurs circa end of June and running for 1-3 weeks. It appears that preproduction vehicle assembly may have already commenced. My take on this is that dealer deliveries won't be until fall...that is the target that has been available since the January intro.

#44 OFFLINE   Phil M

Phil M

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Current Vehicle:Mercedes SL-400
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:08 AM

Thanks -  !

#45 OFFLINE   boilerhawk14

boilerhawk14

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:28 AM

A production (Job 1) date for the MKX at Oakville remains hidden in a media blackout, but a widely circulated media statement on February 26 by Ford's regional production manager referred to "retail production" occurring after the summer break which normally occurs circa end of June and running for 1-3 weeks. It appears that preproduction vehicle assembly may have already commenced. My take on this is that dealer deliveries won't be until fall...that is the target that has been available since the January intro.

Thank you for the update!

If that is the case, do they really think they can start building by the end of July and have vehicles shipped to dealers to sell before the end of September?

I would like to think yes since their site still says "Late Summer 2015", but something always goes wrong and I feel like it'll be more like Halloween...

At least dealers will have models to test drive before then...hopefully by the end of spring???

#46 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

Production of the 2015 Edge at Oakville was officially announced on February 26th and the vehicles are now at dealers available for sale circa two months later. Officially, Ford estimates order-to-delivery times of 12-14 weeks for the 2016 MkX. Currently, some new Ford models (e.g. F-150) are arriving at dealers within 40 days of customer orders albeit that is certainly a minimum timeframe. After an official start-up of retail of MkX production, it would seem reasonable to see those vehicles arriving at dealers within 8-10 weeks...unless something goes awry on the assembly line (it happens).

#47 OFFLINE   dougbo

dougbo

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

just fyi - my dealer has confirmed Job1 is currently 5/11; they have scheduled cars to arrive in early june that are not customer order cars as yet. My order is "clean" but not "scheduled" which are key words in terms of tracking progress.

#48 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:30 PM

I just received an email from my dealer moments ago that they have received word from Lincoln that "no release date has been set" for the 2016 MKX. Similarly, the 2015 Edge delivery to dealers is on hold pending the resolution of some issue. Speculation is that there is some commodity and/or QC issue affecting both vehicles. There appears to be a blackout on my communication sources within the Detroit/Ashville locale with advice to "stay tuned".

#49 OFFLINE   cdg

cdg

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:mkz

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

Why can you go on the Canada website and build the MKX and get the specs on it, but not on the US website?

#50 OFFLINE   blitz118

blitz118

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Edge Sport
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:49 AM

Does the Canadian website give you the weight of the MKX? if so what is the weight?

#51 OFFLINE   boilerhawk14

boilerhawk14

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:20 AM

Why can you go on the Canada website and build the MKX and get the specs on it, but not on the US website?

You can build the 2016 MKX on the US website.... http://lincolnmkxfor...d-price-online/

#52 OFFLINE   cdg

cdg

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:08 PM

Yes you can build it on the US website, but on the Canadian website is has the specs on it. But it doesn't have the curb weight.

#53 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

JOB1 is still 11 May for the MKX.  You expect delays as Ford will hold back the first run batches for quality control measures - it happens with any new model launch like this.

#54 OFFLINE   cdg

cdg

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:43 PM

I received a email today, and the gent told me that Job1 is in June and not May 11th.

#55 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:54 PM

Hmmm? I wonder if there's any connection between a June Job 1 date and the summer vacation shutdown? Regarding MKX production, even the Oakville assembly complex employee's Facebook entries are silent to date.

Anybody got a drone we can cruise over the MKX assembly line for a production peek?

Edited by Cosmos36, 13 May 2015 - 06:56 PM.

#56 OFFLINE   boilerhawk14

boilerhawk14

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

Hmmm? I wonder if there's any connection between a June Job 1 date and the summer vacation shutdown? Regarding MKX production, even the Oakville assembly complex employee's Facebook entries are silent to date.

Anybody got a drone we can cruise over the MKX assembly line for a production peek?

Maybe they pushed back Job 1 so that they could install the SYNC 3 system and/or adaptive steering?

#57 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:15 AM

Albeit the new MKX is designated a 2016 model year, I suspect SYNC 3 will appear first in other 2016 vehicles produced later, e.g. F-150, Mustang, etc.

With Ford releasing 20-something new vehicles worldwide over the 2015-2016 MY, they may be tripping over themselves a bit trying to juggle

safety, quality and production logistics on such a massive scale in North-South America, China, and Europe. The aluminum F-150 certainly added to the stress and China is a critical front on a global scale vis-à-vis competitors. I hope quality doesn't become an issue...even as anxious as I am, I'll support a slow-down if it assures a better built product out of the gate.

Edited by Cosmos36, 14 May 2015 - 10:17 AM.

#58 OFFLINE   blitz118

blitz118

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Edge Sport

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:23 PM

So we should not expect to see SYNC 3 this year in the MKX?

#59 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:17 PM

From a Ford source that I'm sure would take much research to locate again, I saw a list of 2015-2016 vehicles including Edge, MKC, MKX, Mustang, F-150, and others that tentatively listed vehicles by MY that were expected to receive SYNC 3 installation. The 2015 Edge & MKC and the 2016 MKX were NOT listed as receiving SYNC 3 during the current production runs. However, I recall some 'weasel wording' about the differential of Job 1 dates and MY designations between the Edge and MKX that suggests to me that IF the MKX Job 2 date coincided with the EDGE 2016 Job 1 date, the 2016 MKX could receive SYNC 3 late in that MY production.

It's all speculation & semantics, like with the anticipated 10 speed tranny...my head is spinning!

#60 OFFLINE   punch-card

punch-card

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSTL - O'Fallon
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:37 PM

The ford fleet guide shows only the Edge, Escape, Flex, Expedition, Transit, C-Max, Mustang, MKS and MKC

http://www.fleet.for...reviewGuide.pdf

• blitz118 likes this

416517.png

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·