Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2016 Lincoln MKX Production Timing

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:07 AM

Production hasn't started yet (that will be the 'Job1-date' mentioned in the first post - currently scheduled for April 27th) - only the order-banks have opened.

The 'build your own'-website is often updated very late. However, I'm still curious why we STILL didn't get the order-guide. THAT, IMO, is overdue.

It can be a little confusion - the order banks have opened to place an order, but the order guide isn't online just yet.  The Edge started production a few weeks ago so once that ramps up, we'll see the MKX production start too.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

The order guides are not online yet, however my local dealers are making them available for emailing or personal inspection. As with the Mustang & F150 releases, I would expect some dealer to covertly post an order guide at any time.

#23 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:00 PM

We have some of the 2016 Lincoln order guides, just not the MKX yet.

#24 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:45 PM

I received a 2016 MKX order guide (11 pages dated 02/09/15) at my local dealer today. Unfortunately, it is illegible after a couple of hours of highlighting and felt tip emissions.

In many respects the OG is worthless without accompanying pricing and availability of a build website. Until those are available, a purchase is on hold. The dealer confirmed a Job 1 date of April 27 with delivery to dealers estimated at circa early July.

#25 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:51 PM

July will be here before we know it. 

#26 OFFLINE   welshstar

welshstar

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationchicsago
  • Current Vehicle:explorer

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:28 AM

Sure others have asked but are the colors available online anywhere yet to review

#27 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

The 8 exterior color offerings are listed on page 9 of the Order Guide (Order Codes BK, G1, H6, H9, LC, RR, UG, & UX)...online color samples don't fairly represent actual colors satisfactorily. There will also be 6 all new colors unique to the Black Label trim line....Chroma Elite (A2), Confidential White (PV), Chroma Quartz (UF), Crystal Silver (W7), Black Tie (XE) & Chroma Couture (ZX). For now, good luck finding a lead on those actual colors.

#28 OFFLINE   welshstar

welshstar

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationchicsago
  • Current Vehicle:explorer

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:33 AM

The Chroma colors, are these a new style of paint ? 

#29 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

I have little paint expertise, but from what I can recall the chroma/chromatic paints are formulated (with e.g. cadmium and other elements) to provide higher intensity/color saturation. Think of flat grey primer at the low intensity end vs the bright yellow in a sunrise painting at the high intensity end. I have no idea what $$ premium Lincoln will charge for such paint on the Black Label optioned MKXs, but I'll pass.

#30 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:42 AM

I will try to make a trip to Ford WHQ here in Dearborn and see if I can snap some photos next week.

#31 OFFLINE   LincolnFanFl

LincolnFanFl

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 3.6L & 2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:15 AM

I have no idea what $$ premium Lincoln will charge for such paint on the Black Label optioned MKXs, but I'll pass.

I'll pass on that paint as well - they are charging $1,750 for it.

Edited by LincolnFanFl, 21 March 2015 - 10:15 AM.

2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve, Ruby Red Metallic, Light Dune interior, Technology Package, Panoramic Roof, 19" Painted Pockets Wheels, Multi-Contour Seats, THX Premium Audio System.

2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x4, Bright White, Dark Brown interior, Platinum Package, CD-Player.

x4qdqb.jpg

#32 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:40 AM

And, in addition to the initial premium, the added cost of repair to any painted panel would likely be excessive since spot blending is not an option. I would live with constant anxiety when parking in areas where I have no choice in selecting a remote parking space, e. g. recreational events.

#33 OFFLINE   Phil M

Phil M

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Current Vehicle:Mercedes SL-400
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:54 AM

I placed my Pre-order for the 2016 MKX - it will be a new color - Bronze Firemist Metalic -(extra cost) - Reserve model, Lux package which includes the 19 speaker Revel

radio system, and also the LED adaptive Headlights  - (cant order them separately, has to be in the LUX Package) - also Echoboost 2.7 engine,  22 way front seat - Front Seats are Heated and cooled -  rear seats heat only.  Roof Rails (for appearance only) and the Climate Package which will include the heated Steering Wheel.  BLIS system is included some where in the packages too.  Got a great deal from my Dealer - IRWIN LINCOLN - Freehold NJ - great dealer, family business long time in business too, and quick to give you the best price - no haggling  ! if you want one - call them, you will not be disappointed.   Expect late June or early July -  here are some photos

of it that were posted on line - 

Phil

Attached Files

#34 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:27 PM

Phil...congrats on your purchase. Regarding pricing, I've noted in discussions with my local dealers that pricing remains rather speculative, i.e. with both the 02/09/15 and 03/01/15 Order Guides in current circulation and with standard equipment, packages, and options differing between the two OGs, pricing appears to be in flux. For example, the power liftgate listed as standard equipment in the 02/09 Select model has been removed and moved to being standard on the Reserve model in the 03/01 OG. There are several other adjustments between the two OGs that influence pricing between the trim lines. As the many decades of custom ordering new vehicles has instructed me, pre-ordering amounts to writing a blank check to the dealer. But, to many (or perhaps most) early purchasers, price is really irrelevant. Others would rather wait for the pricing dust to settle, see what incentives are offered, and have a firm fix on what manner of vehicle is being produced and delivered.

• CARR142 likes this

#35 OFFLINE   blitz118

blitz118

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Sport
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:15 PM

Does anyone know if job 1 will have SYNC 3? When will job 2 start and will that have SYNC 3?

#36 OFFLINE   LincolnFanFl

LincolnFanFl

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 3.6L & 2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

Does anyone know if job 1 will have SYNC 3? When will job 2 start and will that have SYNC 3?

I don't know when job 2 will be - but based on what I heard, SYNC 3 won't be out in the beginning.

2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve, Ruby Red Metallic, Light Dune interior, Technology Package, Panoramic Roof, 19" Painted Pockets Wheels, Multi-Contour Seats, THX Premium Audio System.

2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x4, Bright White, Dark Brown interior, Platinum Package, CD-Player.

x4qdqb.jpg

#37 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:49 PM

I wend to Ford WHQ here in Dearborn and they had a lot of 2013 Ford Edge models, but not a single MKX.

#38 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:33 PM

Is there any confirmation from Oakville that April 27 is the Job 1 date for the 2016 MKX?

#39 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

I noted today that the ARI website lists May 11, 2015 as the production start-up date for the MKX.

On the 2015 F-150 forum there were several assembly line workers and vendors who kept the forum well informed about production schedules. No such luck here, I guess.

#40 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:04 PM

An article in the Detroit Free Press dated in late February mentioned that several hundred new robots (in addition to 1,000 existing) were installed and 400 additional workers hired to begin test assembly of the MKX, but speculated that Job 1 production would not start until after the summer vacation break.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·