Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2016 Lincoln MKX Production Timing

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:48 PM

2016 Lincoln MKX Production Timing

2015 Lincoln MKX

2015 Lincoln MKX Order Bank Opens: 06-13-14

2015 Lincoln MKX Production Scheduling Begins: 07-17-14

2015 Lincoln MKX JOB1 (production) Begins: 09-08-14

2015 Lincoln MKX Final Orders Due: 08-29-14

2016 Lincoln MKX

2016 Lincoln MKX Order Bank Opens: 02-09-15

2016 Lincoln MKX Production Scheduling Begins: 03-12-15

2016 Lincoln MKX JOB1 (production) Begins: 04-27-15

• Joe Friday likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Joe Friday

Joe Friday

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD w/Tech Package
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:38 AM

What is the difference between Production Scheduling and Job1 production?  Is Job1 production when they begin ACTUAL production and shipping, I assume?  Thanks.

#3 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:11 AM

What is the difference between Production Scheduling and Job1 production?  Is Job1 production when they begin ACTUAL production and shipping, I assume?  Thanks.

Yes, Ford has used the phrase JOB1 to indicate the date of actual retail production for several decades now.  Sorry, I need to make that more clear.

#4 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:13 AM

. . .JOB2 would mean something that occurs later in the production cycle.  For example, the 2008 Shelby GT500 was a JOB1 program and from the start while the 2008 Shelby GT500KR launched after as a JOB2 program within the same plant.

#5 OFFLINE   LincolnFanFl

LincolnFanFl

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 3.6L & 2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

Interesting that the order banks are already open on the 2016 MKX although the order-guide isn't available yet. Makes you wonder how orders can be placed in the first place... ;)

2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve, Ruby Red Metallic, Light Dune interior, Technology Package, Panoramic Roof, 19" Painted Pockets Wheels, Multi-Contour Seats, THX Premium Audio System.

2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x4, Bright White, Dark Brown interior, Platinum Package, CD-Player.

x4qdqb.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:01 AM

Now that's a good question. Unless these are scheduled dealer stock orders or orders for fleet use? ?

#7 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:08 AM

Also, there still isn't a schedule for anything 2016 Edge related, only the Lincoln MKX has been given dates, including JOB1 production as of today.

#8 OFFLINE   LincolnFanFl

LincolnFanFl

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 3.6L & 2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:24 AM

Well, yesterday, I found out that dealers actually HAVE access to the OG but that Ford/Lincoln advised those who have access not to go public with this info yet.

According to my sources, however, the OG still hasn't been posted on Ford's fleet-website.

2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve, Ruby Red Metallic, Light Dune interior, Technology Package, Panoramic Roof, 19" Painted Pockets Wheels, Multi-Contour Seats, THX Premium Audio System.

2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x4, Bright White, Dark Brown interior, Platinum Package, CD-Player.

x4qdqb.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:40 PM

Well, yesterday, I found out that dealers actually HAVE access to the OG but that Ford/Lincoln advised those who have access not to go public with this info yet.

According to my sources, however, the OG still hasn't been posted on Ford's fleet-website.

This makes sense.  The initial order guide the for 2016 Shelby GT350 was online for a few moments before it was taken down.  By that time though, it was already splattered abound the web.

I searched for the 2016 Lincoln MKX's guide, but have not found it yet. Yet.

#10 OFFLINE   Timmay

Timmay

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationDaytona

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:59 AM

Also, there still isn't a schedule for anything 2016 Edge related, only the Lincoln MKX has been given dates, including JOB1 production as of today.

Hasn't is usually been that the Ford version would launch first, followed by Lincoln later on?   In the Toyota/Lexus world, that's the way it works.

#11 OFFLINE   Sharon Elliott

Sharon Elliott

• MKX Facebook Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

I would think it would be out really soon

#12 OFFLINE   Armen

Armen

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:28 PM

My wife will be taking the MKX in for oil changes once the 2016s appear at the dealer.  I don't even want to see them for fear of bringing one home.

#13 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 922 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

As a new member this is my first post. Having decided to purchase a 2016 MKX soon, I was delighted to receive a call today from my dealer confirming that the dates posted above (post #1) are correct and inviting me to examine the OG at my convenience. Thus, the spouse & I will soon spec out the vehicle with equipment group/options of choice. While pricing is pending, I have confirmed the availability of invoice pricing less rebates. Usually, additional pricing concessions are negotiable when dealing with the Fleet/Internet managers when custom ordering as is my preference. Fortunately, I reside in a state with no sales tax and low ($75-95) Doc/Admin fees. Looking forward to continuing participation on this forum.

#14 OFFLINE   LincolnFanFl

LincolnFanFl

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:49 PM

Welcome, Cosmos36! :happy feet:

• Cosmos36 likes this

x4qdqb.jpg

#15 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:51 AM

As a new member this is my first post. Having decided to purchase a 2016 MKX soon, I was delighted to receive a call today from my dealer confirming that the dates posted above (post #1) are correct and inviting me to examine the OG at my convenience. Thus, the spouse & I will soon spec out the vehicle with equipment group/options of choice. While pricing is pending, I have confirmed the availability of invoice pricing less rebates. Usually, additional pricing concessions are negotiable when dealing with the Fleet/Internet managers when custom ordering as is my preference. Fortunately, I reside in a state with no sales tax and low ($75-95) Doc/Admin fees. Looking forward to continuing participation on this forum.

Welcome!

What color and options are you leaning toward?  Did the dealer indicate any ETA once the MKX is ordered?

I love the no sales tax - I left Nevada were is was close to 9%.  Here in Michigan, it's 6%, plus thave have state income tax and some cities even have city income tax.

#16 OFFLINE   blitz118

blitz118

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Edge Sport
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:02 AM

Do we know when SYNC 3 will be available in the MKX? The gallery on the Lincoln website is showing My Lincoln Touch, so it looks like SYNC 3 will not be available at launch.

#17 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 922 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

Thanks Robert.

I'll be going the middle-of-road Equipment Group and adding a few stand alone options, e.g. AWD, BLIS, etc. while foregoing the premium audio, navigation (I know where I am, how to get where I'm going, and how to find my way home...besides, there are less expensive alternatives) etc. and undecided on a number of other features such as pano roof, LEDs, etc. As a HUGE fan of backup sensor/camera systems, I'm pleased that the package group will include that option (mandatory on US vehicles after May 2018). I'll have a better fix on the matter after reviewing the Order Guide this Saturday. A check with the dealer's Order Manager revealed that an ETA would be premature at this time. In line with the 2015 Mustang & F150 startups , I would guess August-September, but we'll see.

Color? The wife wants Platinum White...we're burned out on Silver & Grey...luv the Ruby Red but would likely tire of it. Black is a no-no, so White is fine with me.

Oh, the engine will be the Nano 2.7.

Edited by Cosmos36, 25 February 2015 - 12:53 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   LincolnFanFl

LincolnFanFl

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

I'm eyeballing a fully loaded Black Label MKX once my current lease on the MKZ expires in December.

It will be very interesting if and how Lincoln will be subsidizing Black Label through their lease-program. What I already know is that a BL MKX won't be cheap but if the lease doesn't go through the roof, it could work.

If a fully loaded BL MKX will be $800/month, they will have a hard time selling it because you can get a well-equipped X5 for that money..

Edited by LincolnFanFl, 26 February 2015 - 10:44 PM.

x4qdqb.jpg

#19 OFFLINE   Armen

Armen

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:20 AM

Why has production started almost a month ago but yet you can't still build an MKX on Lincoln's website?

#20 OFFLINE   LincolnFanFl

LincolnFanFl

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

Why has production started almost a month ago but yet you can't still build an MKX on Lincoln's website?

Production hasn't started yet (that will be the 'Job1-date' mentioned in the first post - currently scheduled for April 27th) - only the order-banks have opened.

The 'build your own'-website is often updated very late. However, I'm still curious why we STILL didn't get the order-guide. THAT, IMO, is overdue.

x4qdqb.jpg

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·