Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Wheels are taking a Beating

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:46 PM

Well this thread took a sharp left turn. Update

I received the replacement wheels last week, but as most of you have said, this doesn't bode well. No I am having new issues since picking up, like Navigation not recognizing my SD card so I have no Nav now?.?.?.?.?????

That is probably because the SD card slot is in the wheel and youb switched the wheel.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   Southerngravy

Southerngravy

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationWoodbridge, North Virginia
  • Current Vehicle:2013 VW Passat TDI SEL, 1988 Honda Civic DX

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:34 PM

LOL, this guy lol.

#43 OFFLINE   tdstarnes

tdstarnes

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

I am having the same issue as Southerngravy on my 2016 MKX Reserve. Looks just like his picture, peels all the way down to the black color. One wheel was like this when I purchased the car and the dealer replaced it without question. I took the car back in today with another wheel doing the same thing. They took pictures to submit to Ford for replacement. This seems to be an issue, I was talking to another MKX owner at the dealership and he had to replace a wheel as well. My 2016 MKX Reserve only has 13k miles. I should find out in the next few days if the warranty will cover it. The wheels are very expensive.

#44 OFFLINE   sdonaghey

sdonaghey

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationLaSalle
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

3 of my wheels have some type of finish issue.  I brought it in a week ago and the dealership submitted pictures to Ford and supposedly they are going to replace all 4 wheels tomorrow.  They said first that the dealership needs to inspect each wheel first before replacing them to make sure nobody has done any refinishing on them.

#45 OFFLINE   tdstarnes

tdstarnes

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

I was told the same thing. Now waiting to hear from the dealership. They had to replace one when I purchased the car. I expect the others to have the same issue eventually. 

Attached File  20170311_144330.jpg   146.26KB   2 downloads

Attached File  20170311_144338.jpg   119.41KB   1 downloads

#46 OFFLINE   sdonaghey

sdonaghey

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLaSalle

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

I picked up the car today from the dealership and they replaced all 4 wheels with brand new ones.  Just wish they would of cleaned them up a little bit.  They left a ton of residue from the packing material on them.  I got some detailing to do over the weekend!

• tdstarnes likes this

#47 OFFLINE   tdstarnes

tdstarnes

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

Just heard back today that the warranty was approved and wheel was ordered. Looking at the others, I can see it starting on another wheel. Miss my MKZ wheels.

#48 OFFLINE   sdonaghey

sdonaghey

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLaSalle

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:37 AM

My service advisor was really good.  She told Ford all 4 were bad.  She sent pictures she told me.  Only 2 of the 4 had the peeling problem.  The third had a finish issue and the forth was okay.  It just has a small scratch from hitting a curb.

Hope fully these ones last now.

#49 OFFLINE   Grillmaster75

Grillmaster75

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationBrookfiled WI
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

Ok I just got a break from work to check out the site and heres the update.  So over the weekend Lincoln reps took photos and said they would get back in touch with me to see if its factory covered and it wasn't due to road rash, debris or damage.  They say they never seen that before so I will assume that its just an issue with my batch of wheels since I was literally one of the firsts in the whole mid atlantic region with the 16 MKX.  I only got one good pic before I left the vehicle with the dealership but we will see...

I haven't reqad the entire 49 posts but I has the same issue with 21" version.  two wheels were damaged by the service dept.  they replaced those and the replacements were already peeling EXACTLY as your picture shows.  so they replaced those.  The fact that they tried to put those on the car ticked me off.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·