Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ABS Issues - galloping horses

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JOEHIO

JOEHIO

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNorthern NJ
  • Current Vehicle:'16 MKX (AWD) & '15 MKS (AWD)
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:43 PM

Had my '12 MKX (31,000 Miles) in for issues with the ABS.  Had a little snow here last weekend, went to stop, the ABS kicked in, and there was way more than pedal pulsation -  felt a vibration in the floorboard, and the ABS sounded like galloping horses inside the car.  The car even took longer to stop than previously.  The service dept said that all checks out to be okay, and this vibration & sound is normal.  The tech said he took another MKX out and it acted similar to mine.  I'm shit scared to take it out in snow again.  Has anyone else had a issue like this?  I am not happy with their answer, next snowfall will see me heading to the dealership, for the general manager to drive the car, and  let him tell me that this is normal ! 

I forgot to mention, the previous week, the car was in for a PTU leak, and a new PTU was installed.  Got the car back, all okay with braking on dry pavement.  Then snow came a few days later, and problems started.

Edited by JOEHIO, 09 January 2015 - 05:31 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Max

Max

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

Are you taking it into the dealer?

#3 OFFLINE   Timmay

Timmay

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationDaytona
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:57 PM

Had my '12 MKX (31,000 Miles) in for issues with the ABS.  Had a little snow here last weekend, went to stop, the ABS kicked in, and there was way more than pedal pulsation -  felt a vibration in the floorboard, and the ABS sounded like galloping horses inside the car.  The car even took longer to stop than previously.  The service dept said that all checks out to be okay, and this vibration & sound is normal.  The tech said he took another MKX out and it acted similar to mine.  I'm shit scared to take it out in snow again.  Has anyone else had a issue like this?  I am not happy with their answer, next snowfall will see me heading to the dealership, for the general manager to drive the car, and  let him tell me that this is normal ! 

I forgot to mention, the previous week, the car was in for a PTU leak, and a new PTU was installed.  Got the car back, all okay with braking on dry pavement.  Then snow came a few days later, and problems started.

Mine does the exact same thing in the snow - it groans and vibrates and the brake pedal pulates repeatedly.  I think that it's a combination of ABS and traction control combined.

#4 OFFLINE   JOEHIO

JOEHIO

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:34 PM

Took it to the dealer, said all is okay.  This is my 3rd winter with it, I don't recall it doing it in the past.  Will see what happens with the next snowfall.

#5 OFFLINE   JOEHIO

JOEHIO

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:38 PM

Timmay - has your MKX always done this?, mine just started this year.

#6 OFFLINE   Timmay

Timmay

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationDaytona

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:18 PM

It only does it in the ice and snow. I doesn't activate in the summer.

#7 OFFLINE   JOEHIO

JOEHIO

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:02 PM

I worded my question poorly.  What I meant was has your MKX always done this in snow/Ice since new.  The dealer told me that this is normal aas the car gets older.  It is 3 years old, with 31,000 miles. 

#8 OFFLINE   Clarke

Clarke

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMICH
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:32 AM

I worded my question poorly.  What I meant was has your MKX always done this in snow/Ice since new.  The dealer told me that this is normal aas the car gets older.  It is 3 years old, with 31,000 miles. 

When it gets older?  What are they talking about like when your bones strating aching and popping?

Like Tim posted, my wife's Nissan's pedal will pulsate and make grunting noises if we're driving in the snow and we brake slightly harder than normal.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·