Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Nav Turn by Turn Voice and the Sync 3 Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bobodude

Bobodude

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationNevada
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:12 PM

Talked to our Lincoln dealer about a Nav says problem we are having. The Turn by Turn voice, not the voice recognition voice, comes on at full volume and it doesn't respond to the volume control. Took it to our local Ford dealer and they said it worked ok. Got it back and apparently the tech just went into the OBD computer link with Ford's IDS software and turned down the volume but it's still not controllable from the volume control. Talked to a Real Lincoln tech and he said it was a Sync 3 software problem, but they were expecting a Sync 3 update to be released next week. Good news for everyone!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   d4dewu

d4dewu

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:MKX BL 2016
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:47 PM

also had the lady talk loud to me and had other issue of the speakers occasionally on start going loud static from one speaker to the next and could not control. Had the dealer look at.

dealer kept an extra day to research and found the issue was a needed update that the DSP module needed reprogramming.  For weeks now no issue.  I also noticed the lady does not speak in a loud voice anymore when navigation starts reminding me this and that. The lady now follows the volume control set.  Is the DSP reprogramming update the true fix or not, I am not the expert but just reporting cause and affect.  Another side affect of the DSP update is that I notice slight sound delays that I do not remember before hand, especially when first starting.

Also looking forward to Sync3 update after seeing some early pictures on the ford forum.  It may be the update will also include the DSP update, but that would be just a guess on my part.

Me: MKX BL 2.7, Revel Ultima, "born" Feb'16

#3 ONLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:55 PM

What sync3 update pictures did you see? What changed?

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·