Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Adaptive Steering Fault

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   PDX97229

PDX97229

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Vehicle:Infiniti QX60
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:56 PM

Well, my wife has this happening a lot now. One dealer said not to worry about it and the other wants to have her bring it in. 

I read the Edge Forum (thank you VisionPilot), but I do not see the TSB numbers. Is there a way to get these numbers and the actual TSB for her to take to the dealer? 

Edited by PDX97229, 31 December 2016 - 05:03 PM.

"If it Ain't Broke, Fix it 'til it is"

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   VisionPilot

VisionPilot

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationMidwest
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve AWD
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:52 AM

Well, my wife has this happening a lot now. One dealer said not to worry about it and the other wants to have her bring it in. 

I read the Edge Forum (thank you VisionPilot), but I do not see the TSB numbers. Is there a way to get these numbers and the actual TSB for her to take to the dealer? 

This is from page 5 of the above referenced thread:

"

Nov 2 2016  3947 - 2016 Edge/MKX - Adaptive/Active Steering Fault Message With DTCs U3000, C2003, B137F, B1380, U210A, And U2000 In The Steering Effort Control Module (SECM)

Some 2016 Edge/MKX vehicles may exhibit an illuminated adaptive/active steeringfault message in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) message center with diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) U3000, C2003, B137F, B1380, U210A, and U2000 stored in the SECM. If DTC U3000:96 is present, the SECM must be replaced. If DTC U3000:96is not present, reprogram the SECM to the latest calibration using Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) release 102.05 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com. Use causal part3600 and applicable labor operations in section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) manual."

and

"

There is another TSB that just came out:

Nov 3 2016  3960 - 2016 Edge/MKX - Adaptive/Active Steering - Check Adaptive/Active Steering Message Illuminated With DTC C1B00

See TSB: 16-2066 for details.

It calls for replacing the steering wheel:

Issue: Some 2016 Edge/MKX vehicles equipped with adaptive/active steering may exhibit a check adaptive/active steering message illuminated in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) message center with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) C1B00 stored in the steering effort control module (SECM)."

My dealer found these quite useful in determining that I needed a new steering wheel.

• punch-card and Timmer like this

#23 OFFLINE   PDX97229

PDX97229

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

Thank You...I printed it!

#24 OFFLINE   PDX97229

PDX97229

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:07 PM

***UPDATE***

My wife brought her car in yesterday and they are going to replace the Steering Wheel. They told her that Ford is not replacing just the spring any more but the whole wheel.

• VisionPilot likes this

#25 OFFLINE   Babci

Babci

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationMyrtle Beach
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Black Label mkx
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

Adaptive Steering came on 3 times today actual appointment day for service.
I now need a new steering Wheel. Have to check back in 2 weeks but may take up to
4 weeks

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·